Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be

Well today was a great day really after the snow disappointment. It's been very cold, only maxed out at -1.7 on my station so a good ice day. The trees looked brilliant with thick frost on them.

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Love Snow said:

The front Looks Further North I know it’s going to weaken over land tho!! 

F7610FA4-D9B0-4B3D-833F-FC334541F223.jpeg

The Northern end of that band will not push much further Eastwards now but the Southern end will continue to swing up from the SW in a North Easterly direction meaning that the band will eventually be lying West to East rather than North to South.

I would say the Northern edge of the band will lie somewhere around the Midlands by that point before the whole lot swings back SE.  Winds should by then though start to back E and then NE bringing showers into our region later tonight and tomorrow?

That's how I see it panning out anyway....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Latest Hirlam out to 1am looking good for showers in most parts of our region overnight....

hirlamuk-1-18-0.png?31-10

Looks like anything falling overnight will be snow. Then tomorrow there's potential for increased shower activity but this becomes less wintry with snow confined to hills by the end of the day - if Hirlam is correct:

hirlamuk-42-30-0.png?31-10  hirlamuk-42-33-0.png?31-10

Edited by Cold Winter
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Cold Winter said:

Latest Hirlam out to 1am looking good for showers in most parts of our region overnight....

hirlamuk-1-18-0.png?31-10

Looks like anything falling overnight will be snow. Then tomorrow there's potential for increased shower activity but this becomes less wintry with snow confined to hills by the end of the day - if Hirlam is correct:

hirlamuk-42-30-0.png?31-10  hirlamuk-42-33-0.png?31-10

This looks about right I would have said....

1343184208_Hirlam6z.png.0e991a56f945eca02ad20c2eedeab052.png

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Firefly2005 said:

Interesting that met office isn’t picking up on this at all...

The app is showing snow overnight for me and the text states "wintry showers" overnight and tomorrow.

They also have a yellow warning out for snow and ice stretching down the east coast. What's your location?

Edited by Cold Winter

-5.8C low at 8:30am in my bit of the Vale of York  2 hours later and it's still -4.1C thanks to fog.  I presume we'll hit a high above zero as an easterly picks up and clears the fog later, but it is starting to look a bit doubtful. The thick frost is beautiful.

Edited by Aleman
27 minutes ago, LeeSnowFan said:

Same just ice & fog nothing for rest of week or weekend are we going to see a snowless winter ? 

It's snowed 5 times here, though all pitiful dustings of which only two settled for a nanosecond. Some Yorkshire folk will have had snow but missed it when they blinked!

Edited by Aleman
  • Like 1

Light snizzle in Barnsley as well this morning.

Friday continues to look interesting with most models showing shower activity over our region starting in the early hours of Friday morning and continuing until Saturday morning.  There could be a few light accumulations...

00DB6865-BF7F-49D1-BE9E-6581BBAFAFC8.png

166179E0-8ABA-40D8-AC3B-09320D14A1EB.png

31398D50-C978-4AC7-BED4-2960F35161C1.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1