Snow?

Yorkshire and E England regional thread 30 Jan 2019 onwards

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday morning was rather special on the North York Moors. We were the first ones out running on the old iron stone railway line at Rosedale Abbey around 9am. Clear blue skies, -2c and around

Lovely up on the Wolds this lunchtime

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Can somebody confirm the temperature, it may be the sun but it feels like the warmest day of the year so far in Leeds.

Max temp at uni of Leeds was 17.4C so definitely not the warmest day, that’s still 19.3C on 20th March, but the UV level is higher as mentioned. It definitely felt warmer than it actually was.

A stunning day regardless. Sad to see it go.

92026B36-8AE2-4A45-81B5-7F0A25B9076F.thumb.jpeg.cd6c1d0ac6d2dd6c002080798c8dd838.jpeg

Edited by cheese
  • 2 weeks later...

It has been a pretty cold week here. Max daytime temps of just 7c, nights getting as low as zero. Worst thing has been the relentless wind which seems to have been going on for ages, would be really warm in the sun if it wasn't for the cold breeze. Have been trying to spray paint some models in the garden and it has been a nightmare, not super windy but just enough of a gusty breeze to make spraying difficult and has been blowing dust everywhere too. Thankfully no rain in the last couple of days. Hoping for this wind go away next week. It feels like we are on the cusp of a change to a longer warm spell, maybe a repeat of last year? ?

Yeah it's been cold this past week, especially at night. Got down to -1.9c here last night and sub zero on quite a few others!

Easter looking nice which is great considering bank holidays usually take a turn for the worst but depends how long it can last. Still only April.

7 hours ago, Gray-Wolf said:

Anyone able to confirm that Ilkley moor is ablaze?

Yes and three men have been arrested. So possibly started on purpose.

Well the Saville shoot above us have calved up our moor into 'briquettes' so any  'Faxian' fire monsters have a perfect location to see the peat burn deep and the Grouse ready roasted?

• 3 weeks later...

Horrendous day in Bridlington with non stop light to moderate rain and very strong easterly winds gusting in excess of 45mph this afternoon.

Today could easily have passed as any day in the winter.

The previous 5 days have been very poor considering it's May !

Edited by mattmatt28
  • Like 1

To

1 hour ago, mattmatt28 said:

Horrendous day in Bridlington with non stop light to moderate rain and very strong easterly winds gusting in excess of 45mph this afternoon.

Today could easily have passed as any day in the winter.

The previous 5 days have been very poor considering it's May !

I am over in the NW tonight, and when I spoke to my wife she commented on the weather 'its xxx it down all day.' Weekend was cold, and we have had wood stove going all day every day since Friday, more like winter. It was warmer in February.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mike57 said:

To

I am over in the NW tonight, and when I spoke to my wife she commented on the weather 'its xxx it down all day.' Weekend was cold, and we have had wood stove going all day every day since Friday, more like winter. It was warmer in February.

Yes crazy how cold it has become this month ..

Still raining here in Bridlington now ... 13 hours non stop today ???

Dry here until just now,  I was about to cut lawn, what a pity, never mind
Cold windy morning but it eased through the afternoon - felt OK but only reached 12C

Edited by 4wd

Showers gave us 15mm yesterday, taking the month to about 67mm - May average is 51mm
March was also above average but April less than half normal.
It's interesting how 'dry' it has seemed when the actual totals are only a little below average so far this year.
Year is on 248mm when normal for this point is 284mm - a wet day or couple of thunderstorms difference.