damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

46 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

January 2021😍

C.S

Absolutely definitely 🤬

Out walking the dog and just got caught in a horrible cold rain or sleet deluge with a single flash of lightening and loud crack of thunder thrown in for good measure.

absolutely soaked through but it’s still better than watching Emmerdale and Corrie 

well its 3.3c here and experiencing the cold rain in fact its the coldest rain of the winter so far🤔

C.S

2 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

well its 3.3c here and experiencing the cold rain in fact its the coldest rain of the winter so far🤔

C.S

Hope it was worth the wait mate 😂

Good to see some snow returning the fells, snowline this morning about 550 metres. Should be some excellent winter walking conditions this weekend, with snow sticking, and clear skies, winds not too strong. First decent weekend of the winter in this respect.

Stop press, theres something white falling from the sky....Hailstones ??? WTF

Beautiful, sunny bright and crisp this morning, rooves were white over with frost. Stood at the back door watching a lone blue tit peck at a neighbours nut feeder until the poor little thing got dive bombed by two fat pigeons.  Temp then was 1°.  Expecting the gritters out in force again tonight.  Current temp reading 4°.  I'm out in the car early tomorrow morning, hibernating ice scraper ready for some action. 

Had a few hefty hail showers last night. A dry day today.

Lovely frosty wintry scene.... -4c.... freezing fog in Manchester... if you can’t have snow this at least feels more normal for January..

So close to an ice day here in South  Cheshire Temperature at 10.45 was -1.2c  has since risen to currently 1.8c with quite thick fog once again another sub Zero night in prospect if nothing else it at least feels seasonal.

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Coldest day of the winter so far likely for many today. A harsh frost overnight, which lingered until noon, before cloud rolled in. Currently hovering between 2 and 3 degrees. More cloud expected overnight, but still cold enough for widespread ground frost here at least, in clearer breaks could drop below freezing again.

It at least feels like January!

A frosty sunny day today. 

-5.3C here this morning. Dense freezing fog out there at present. Finally at least a bit of a wintry feel to things.

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Yep, certainly more seasonal, quite foggy here from about 3pm until 6pm, now clear and dry, current tablet app temp reading 2°.

Manchester Airport TAF weather report at 6.20pm pressure reading was 1048hPa.

Foggy at home yesterday morning, but the sat pic seemed to show it was confined so we went up to Dovestones and were rewarded with a beautiful day, and these views.

Manchester skyscrapers peeking through the fog

Dovestones Reservoir and Saddleworth

There was a helicopter taking advantage of the still conditions to deliver scores of bags of heather brash to help in the restoration of the eroded moor. There's a good description here from the organisation involved.

Crazy inversion around tonight. Temperature fluctuating between 5C and 2C as I’m driving around 

A cold winters morning, early freezing fog, cloud then rolled in. Next few days look a bit drab and uninteresting.

1360340002_Annotation2020-01-21081201.png.f1a09c8b8d0e9e71de644166ec9110a2.png

🤔.... ah well...one billion percent won't happen, but I've not even seen the silly apps throw out any snow icons for my locality this dire winter... so something to cry on the day for at least.

1 hour ago, dodge said:

🤔.... ah well...one billion percent won't happen, but I've not even seen the silly apps throw out any snow icons for my locality this dire winter... so something to cry on the day for at least.

Apparently a lady has rang the Met office to say there is going To be the possibility of a NW wind and some snow.the response was Dont worry it wont happen. 🤔

C.S

Edited by cheshire snow

Pea soup weather here with some fog around. At least that is might be another thing other than rain that we lack of this Winter.

Edited by pip22

10 hours ago, dodge said:

Yes around the 28th has been showing this possibility for a couple of days now. I guess the unreachable dangled carrot had to come sooner or later. 😂