Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
damianslaw

North West Regional Discussion 30 Jan 2019 onwards

1 hour ago, James M said:

Someone’s going to get lucky under that streamer!

1A16C08A-EE4E-4A1C-A777-C4B0C02D1032.thumb.png.ddc5e1c0475fb235c365bdfb7061117e.png

Me !!!!! 😀😀😀

• Like 1

Wow its snowing and a fresh light covering here too.  Not bad!

• Like 1

Fresh dusting ! 

• Like 1

Got a bit of snow falling here. Unexpected and don’t know if it’ll amount to anything but I’ll take it! ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Unbelievable ! Fresh covering of snow here - totally unforecast! Not just a tiny bit either ! 

Well done to the people who said watch out to the east for showers. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Unbelievable ! Fresh covering of snow here - totally unforecast! Not just a tiny bit either ! 

Well done to the people who said watch out to the east for showers. 

Always looked like a chance even thou the intensity of the showers is surprising 

I must have just missed those showers, aren't those winds supposed to start backing to a more northerly direction?

too far north the other day for the heavy stuff, too far south today. enjoy evreyone who is under the streamer. 

Screenshot_20190201-071753_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Dkeane3 said:

I must have just missed those showers, aren't those winds supposed to start backing to a more northerly direction?

More of a NE’ly later this afternoon. 

• Like 2

Dusting to 1cm fresh cover.... streamer reaching Irish Sea... pretty good considering...  -2c....

2A17B259-51AF-4BDC-BEE3-A1DC27F7FD1D.thumb.png.19bae0b734f8dfc5ce3a29a1dab16797.png

will this lot reach before fizzling out???

Edited by Spah1

Slight dusting here, very cold to... so instant stickability... just a shame they are more snow grains than snow flakes

Wow. I got less snow than this from a few easterlies when I lived in the North East 🤣 There's always a chance with these set ups, but didn't expect quite that much snow.

Looks about back to where it was the on Tuesday on the pavement, deeper on grass as it didn't melt/get trod down as much. 4th day in a row with lying snow (even if it was starting to show bits of grass and pavement yesterday), 5th day of the winter with lying snow. Turning into a proper cold spell to remember now. Any more info on Sunday?

Edited by Deep Snow please

There’s a chance that as the winds swing round more to a NE’ly, some of those beefier showers in the NE at present could move further south and west.

Thats if they stay intact - they may well not make it this far. 

Either way, definitely the risk of some further showers through the day today. 

• Like 1

847A0522-8D99-4DFF-AEE3-259FB05CD8B6.thumb.jpeg.82bba6babcaa2590268da15b9c737dc3.jpeg

top up

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

There’s a chance that as the winds swing round more to a NE’ly, some of those beefier showers in the NE at present could move further south and west.

Thats if they stay intact - they may well not make it this far. 

Either way, definitely the risk of some further showers through the day today. 

Some of those showers setting up really far out in the North Sea have the potential to treat the pennines as speed bumps, formation getting further and further away from the coast, which helps them travel further inland in my experience. Could be a snowier day than forecast, provided that low to the south doesn't get too far north (although that point we can worry about if it will reach us).

3 minutes ago, Deep Snow please said:

Some of those showers setting up really far out in the North Sea have the potential to treat the pennines as speed bumps, formation getting further and further away from the coast, which helps them travel further inland in my experience. Could be a snowier day than forecast, provided that low to the south doesn't get too far north (although that point we can worry about if it will reach us).

but yesterday......... :oldrolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

but yesterday......... :oldrolleyes:

🤣🤣I tell you what that's seriously dumping some snow in places down south, 5-6 inches in places. It can take as long as it wants if it fancies keeping that intensity.

Nothing here ,at least it's turning mild next week ,hopefully that's it for this year