Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model banter returns

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

I am really enjoying @knocker posts in the Model Output discussion thread - very professional, no trolling/sarcasm, brilliant analysis backed up with data/charts and just all round bloody fantastic.

Much appreciated. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Saw a post in the mod about sliders and all of a sudden I'm thinking about the old 90s tv show of the same name lol. Awesome show that was though, well the first three seasons were anyway. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Saw a post in the mod about sliders and all of a sudden I'm thinking about the old 90s tv show of the same name lol. Awesome show that was though, well the first three seasons were anyway. 

Funny how they always landed on the lawn, though?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.
2 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Funny how they always landed on the lawn, though?

Yeah I did notice that in a lot (most)  of episodes, I think because it makes for a softer touchdown 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I have been following the model thread for some time, and have been really impressed by the input, and depth of knowledge by some of the posters such as Steve Murr, Catcol, 62/63 et al.  also Knockers analysis is always objective and concise 

The possible effects from the SSW have always been  predicted to take effect from around the end of January , yet some are winding themselves up and others over every run.

God knows how they would have got on in the 80's when all you had was the Country File Forecast on a Sunday Lunchtime.

• Like 6

Posted

I have to say this year has been the most frustrating year so far, snow and extreme weather all across Europe and even North Africa but only boredom and gloom here and then I decide when I decide to go to the snow and book in Tirol, there is too much snow there and everything is closed

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

I have to say this year has been the most frustrating year so far, snow and extreme weather all across Europe and even North Africa but only boredom and gloom here and then I decide when I decide to go to the snow and book in Tirol, there is too much snow there and everything is closed

Ouch. That really does deserve a good moan. I feel for you!

• Like 2

On 09/01/2019 at 19:10, Ed Stone said:

Good God. What a load of cobras! Some mothers do 'ave 'em?

Maybe you're really John Fallon!

So as someone with over 47'700 posts on the NW forums, I assume your ma can be proud that her little boy makes such effective use of his time. Next time I go to the zoo (is it the baboon or the chimp enclosure), I will let your mum know how what a star you are

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, ArHu3 said:

hahahahahahahaha

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

I'm tired 600 miles of driving ,gin and a new grandson , give a guy a break

Its the gin. It used to be called 'the tipple of charwomen'. A point of guiness is what you need after 600 miles.

By the way, just an afterthought, but I hope you had the gin after driving 600 miles, not before

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, parrotingfantasist said:

That's terrible to laugh at !!

too much snow ...... crying about it here on netweather ..... and he didnt even get the forecast before going! hahahahahahahahahah

Posted
6 minutes ago, nwextremeweather said:

too much snow ...... crying about it here on netweather ..... and he didnt even get the forecast before going! hahahahahahahahahah

We don't know how far out he booked it man ! Have some sympathy lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

model thread this morning, i dunno if silence is golden or not golden.

strapping in for another rollercoaster

Posted

Don't forget the gfs models the Atlantic better supposedly so just go with that model, waiting for the stats to back that statement up still 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
2 hours ago, CreweCold said:

Hairy for N sea coasts though...

Yes, with high springs then unfortunately. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
52 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Just look at all those fronts heading for the Alps on Thursday. Picture sent this morning from my village back in Austria. 60cm fresh snowfall this morning.

C

49898913_10157110565033628_2571659480055939072_o.jpg

I bet you’re gutted you’re not there. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wintry
9 hours ago, nwextremeweather said:

Its the gin. It used to be called 'the tipple of charwomen'. A point of guiness is what you need after 600 miles.

By the way, just an afterthought, but I hope you had the gin after driving 600 miles, not before

Pint... Unless you're of Irish descent... 

• Like 2

Posted

I, like many, wouldn’t mind a dump of snow. All the best snow events seem to come out of nowhere almost.

As for some in the mods thread and a tendency here they take it far too seriously. Too be honest there are some things far more important to get worked up about. 

• Like 2