Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Snowing moderately here after earlier rain.

Woke up to rain half an hour ago...now snowing at sea level! Big fluffy flakes! Yaaaaaaaasssss!

Heading up a 385 meter hill today so should be fun! 

EAA485CE-D208-40D1-98EA-F0396D330534.thumb.png.ec58bde177453f337f11822051c1b9d1.png

Enjoy the snow everyone! 

Settling nicely now.

Snowing lightly here too, a bit earlier than I expected. No real sign of it lying outside the house yet, but obvious signs of a light covering developing just a but further up the hill behind the house.

Irrespective of what happens today, in two weeks time I'll be on my way here....

7101_2019-03-16_0800_bd911736c8938f36.thumb.jpg.bf80fcf359c64869a86560309ca10422.jpg

can you tell I'm getting excited?

Posted (edited)

Everything turning white. Settling on hard surfaces now. Roads clear atm as the council were up early doors flinging their muck about! Taxi to airport in 50mins - typical I'll miss it as this could easily be the heaviest fall all season if it continues!

Edit: Settling on the roads now!

Edited by 101_North

Heavy vertical sleet here - melting on impact. :nonono:

Woke up to heavy snow about 2 inches deep, still hammering down now. Husband in an utter 😡 mood - he hates snow 😈

Settling in the garden now, as I sit here in bed looking out the window. Still only a dusting though as it's falling lightly, but seems to be slowly increasing in intensity.

Didn’t expect it to snow here today but it is and settling nicely. I wonder how long it will last? 🙂

7F762F04-8F0C-4532-97B9-43A9DBE32C06.thumb.jpeg.5dc3b790948a8bcedc3cf46d6b858d13.jpeg

Covering of snow here with it still coming down. Snow is sliding off the cars so a slushy affair. 

Wet snow here for the moment. Soon to be rain so quick piccie. 

E9066683-3C16-4C53-A391-16D8F8E4CA60.jpeg

Morning all,

Raining here in Broughty Ferry, 2c.

Have to say I didn’t expect there to be any snow accumulation below 200m so surprised to see some of the photos from Glasgow and Edinburgh! 👍

We've got a couple of inches here, phone camera is being an weeble but I've got pics on my proper camera which I can post up later once the snow has all melted in the rain 😂😂

Just changed to rain here 😭

Still hammering down here at the airport. Roads clear but settling on the grass easily enough. Looks like hitting the low 20c's in Seattle next week so looking forward to some warmth 😀

Screenshot_20190316-090237__01.jpg