Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

1 hour ago, Huntforsnow said:

So from what I see it's looking pretty cold and snowy from Tuesday onwards up here?? 

I think it will come down to nowcasting as we head into Tuesday. The models are still trying to figure out how much snow we will get and where it will fall. One thing for sure is that it’s turning colder and snow chances are increasing. Nothing is guaranteed in this type of setup but it sure beats what we have had to go through the last couple of months. I really hope we all get a good dumping of snow so we can all share our pictures and enjoy the excitement of watching the radar and lampposts. If the GFS para comes off then this thread will be busy 😃❄️⛄

C0754BF2-AC35-4914-895D-F22EF19563BE.thumb.gif.348c7335e9b97c44226669fbf9c76d3e.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Now 1C and sleet at sea level here; conditions set to improve slightly for snow over the next 24 hours although whether the ppn keeps up is another matter. I think a trip inland may be needed tomorrow.

This is nothing like last winter.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4

The radar's shown a few snow showers moving through here already this morning - just a shame the sky didn't agree 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very breezy here and a dusting of snow to start to replace yesterday's losses. 

ECM based forecast now has my location barely getting above freezing for the next week, but zero precipitation after today. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

2.6C here with a bit of snow blowing in the wind, nothing lying though. I can see the Pentlands and Moorfoots from here and there’s no snow there either.

• Like 2

Morning all 

Very windy here - gusting to 45mph.

Rather choppy out on the water.

Forecast is looking decent for here - hopefully get a dusting at least! 

Looking forward to seeing pictures from our Highlands folk today - looks very snowy in places currently. 

Have a good day.

865E6F96-17E3-4FEC-92C6-A2C32C423B81.jpeg

52E403FB-DF91-4FEB-A315-B89F06DF9CCB.png

86F71D08-8BBA-49C4-B01F-9D0A488DEE44.png

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Real slushy mess at the house, with it alternating between rain, sleet and snow. 100m lower in Alford its pure rain. 

• Like 1

Cold with lots of blue sky at present

• Like 1

It's a bit sleetier now.  Definitely some "consistency" to the rain hitting the windows...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Real slushy mess at the house, with it alternating between rain, sleet and snow. 100m lower in Alford its pure rain. 

Rain over here in kennethmont also,looks like we’ll have cold uppers in place all week,can we get some snow,fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Snowfall overnight for the tops of surrounding hills, around 300 Mts ASL.

3c with rain/sleet at present which is forecast to turn to snow tonight.

Cairngorms closed due to high winds and heavy snow. Glenshee and Lecht forecast for heavy snow all day.

• Like 3

Very wild night with a lot more rain and sleet north wind howling beween the house and steading.Currently 2c , windy and overcast.

• Like 4

Heavy driving rain at the moment on a strong, gusty northerly wind.

No sign of any sleet in the rain, temperature now 1.2c (rising from a low of 0.9c around 8am).

Horrible day really, worst kind of winter weather.

• Like 1

Dry and very windy , not looking too good for snow this Far East , maybe Thursday ?

• Like 1

freezing cold here and icy rain and in a huffy model thread sounding tone i have to say no signs of any decent snow here in the near future.... just gotta hope for here we get the NE flow with more E than N and some generous convective action 

• Like 4

Was snowing hard for ten mins at 6am but didn't lie, now blowing a gale and sky turning blue. Horrible cold wind.

• Like 3

Same as elsewhere here - light rain showers fizzling out and 2C. Not a bad day apart from the disgraceful lack of snow.

• Like 2

Great post @Ruzzi, thanks for that. Yes plenty of surprises to come I think. I am liking the small fronts and troughs showing on the charts for Monday into Tuesday. Organised bands of snow are possible and should bring snow to right over to the east of the country if that’s the case. Definitely a fun week watching the radar as anything is possible 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's hoping...

IMG_20190127_111300.thumb.jpg.189d9146888fd9757fb011d63adf9e9c.jpg

• Like 3

fantastic post @Ruzzi

was just looking and thinking friday was best cance for east but certainly more food for thought seeing your analysis

much appreciated

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 101_North said:

The radar's shown a few snow showers moving through here already this morning - just a shame the sky didn't agree 😂🤣

We should be luckier tomorrow, I doubt anything will reach us today. The Highlands are blocking everything

• Like 2