shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Dark, Dull, Heavy Rain (and unfortunately plenty more to come over the weekend) 👎 currently 7.8 C

Its all kicked off in the mad house.. "war oohhhhh what is it good for?" silly season is off and running.

1 minute ago, bigsnow said:

Its all kicked off in the mad house.. "war oohhhhh what is it good for?" silly season is off and running.

Noticed that the mods were editing quite a few posts. Suspect insults have been exchanged.

its like rutting season.. same thing at the same time every year. some people proper get there knickers in a twist. i mean its just a computer showing us what it thinks will happen it doesnt actually control the weather.

2 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

This is how I often feel when reading through the model thread 🤣 :oldrofl: 

source.gif  

3 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Noticed that the mods were editing quite a few posts. Suspect insults have been exchanged.

Lol. Have at thee, varlet. Or, suck my festering occlusion. Damn your eyes.

Home for the weekend so on the lash already. Good eh? It was getting pretty dreich up in Caithness, and the Sutherland and Easter Ross hills had damp woolly blankets.  At least it's mild. God who said that first?

These noisy chaps have taken up residence near my weekday home - 329337188_Braalcrows.thumb.jpg.4dca7e340bee5187c56f682203458bf5.jpg

Well the war is over... the mighty ECM has been slain by the GFS fodder model.... but dont worry the pub run will swoop in and save the coldies..

17 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Well the war is over... the mighty ECM has been slain by the GFS fodder model.... but dont worry the pub run will swoop in and save the coldies..

And if that fails, there's always the day after tomorrow or Frozen to watch.

Looks increasingly like by this time next week we'll be in a colder airflow again. 

gfs-1-144.png gfsnh-0-144.png

I'd not say its looking particularly snowy, and probably only for those of us in the northern areas if there is any. 

I see a few posts have been culled in the time it took me between reading the thread and posting. A pity as we've always been able to maintain a respectful attitude in here irrespective of the subject matter. It'll not be long until Dec 14th comes into range of the models and we can speculate if the weather is going to affect the turnout/results. Not that the establishment will care if it does. 

Edited by Ravelin

Morning all! 

Haha yes @CatchMyDrift always nice to see Scotland on that page. 😀 I had forgot that Detective @Kirkcaldy Weather had rumbled me last time - although it was pretty easy to tell it was me! 🤣

It was a lovely morning for colourful clouds that day.

D0CF0D4B-B345-457F-A923-80AC5C7DBB52.thumb.jpeg.8119214cbbfd2279e26d914107e3a61c.jpeg

Dry start here with a temperature of 8c with bits and bobs of drizzle about later. Pretty mundane/boring weather for the next few days here! (Often dry)

ED94F270-2D35-4AFB-9C15-0AE88DFBC640.thumb.png.6ea36a877d3a9685e6af364fe46b2776.png

Looks wet in parts of the North East and East today.  (Wonder how the attached image will look at the end of the month!)

93E0787C-F5B8-445C-B9C0-9D2E4573232C.thumb.png.900cf7a57ca227d61b5a5cebab3ba359.png

ECM is seasonal this morning. 

anim_yds6.gif

Met Office outlook looks promising. 

AEB6A53D-C893-4C9D-B1C7-23BE9E03CBCC.thumb.png.44d2cf8e8459022f3b77e3ac038c3637.png202759DA-F29C-4ACC-8C33-D8ADFC833F86.thumb.png.27504a36c863d5a4b1c54854e9191796.png

As ever...let’s see what becomes reality! 😀

Have a great weekend!

Edited by Mr Frost

Hmm I appear to have been censored. Been a little while since that happened. I forgot there are verboten subjects here. I wonder if sex is another one?

Dull, dreich and GREY this morning. Finally ready for action, which takes some doing at a weekend at this time of year, especially now there's no young uns to entertain, feed, admonish, etc.

8C with the occasional light shower. The Mets forecast is for around 15 hours of heavy rain, for this area, starting 2pm.

If anything, it looks to be be brightening up.

The Met office have issued yellow weather warnings for the next 5 days for parts of the UK.

Rain.

man-with-umbrella-under-a-regional-rain_u-l-pxyvf70.jpg

Edited by Sceptical

High of 7.9°C. Driving drizzle whilst out with Finn. I remember autumn weather like this!

Yes Shuggee a real traditional November day.Damp, dreich and dark.Got tree into house and put some lights up although not switched on.A few more photos of twins drinking off their mums.007.thumb.JPG.c69c424acf2ee79ffcc86cc5f16c417a.JPG009.thumb.JPG.ee52172a7844c0b1410654f6d8f85518.JPG005.thumb.JPG.367cebf4944099ba246e68cde487fa97.JPG

Yes, it has been a driech, drizzley and puddley day.

Bought a new 'revolving" comb to groom my doggie, after comments from a new groomer about the fluffy state of her coat.

However, she flinches when the new comb is applied. No doubt she'll become after time,used to the new regime.

spacer.pngReminiscing looking at  some old photos this one of the Cairngorm ski road. Wonder if we will see this amount again.

Mild (Blah) Slight breeze (blah) Drizzly...............(Blah) crap basically

Well, it seems that weather wise things have been much the same up here as elsewhere in Auld Scotia. It's been a very Meh sort of week with very little in the way of winter. Mild, damp, dreich and just downright boring. No starry skies this week by the look of things but it seems that by the end of the week the situation may improve slightly. On the plus side this week, the neighbouring house to me ( holiday let ) has just had a load of trees chopped down. the owner very kindly came round to let me know what was happening and to help myself to logs when the work was finished. He said the lads would cut the logs into manageable chunks. Aye right! Will have to get my trusty chain saw chappie  out to cut them up again and then I'll have some nicely seasoned logs ready by next winter! Thanking you Kind Sir! 

Temp is around the 7/8c range at the moment, cloudy and dry. 🙄