shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

Coming down really heavy - massive fat flakes! 

Told the girlfriend I was not taking down the festive kitchen window display as our ten month old son loves it...of course it was really so I could get a snowy scene picture. 😂🎅

Monnnnn the snoooowwwwwwww! Yaaaaaaassssssss! ☃️

B24CFC0D-289E-4027-8899-9077A834E47F.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost

No snow and not expecting any but at least last night's ice warning was justified! Lethal out there 🤕🤕🤬🤬

Edited by 101_North

Snowing in Darvel. Just a dusting when I left so didn't take any photos.

Wife just phoned to say it's pelting it doon.

If it's still there at lunch time I'll ask her to take a pic.

We didnt get any more, dead miffed that the north and west is getting it all again.

Good covering here, I'd say about half an inch the now but some beefy stuff heading in soon which I expect will take us over the inch mark. Definitely better than I expected this morning if I'm honest 

IMG_1484.PNG

IMG_1487.PNG

Says a lot when this is the most snow the Pentlands have had all winter so far!

43?1548147306702

Really heavy snow now, big fat flakes. Time to dust down the sledges? I am glad I am off work tonight 🙂

7 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Good covering here, I'd say about half an inch the now but some beefy stuff heading in soon which I expect will take us over the inch mark. Definitely better than I expected this morning if I'm honest 

Yes certainly didn’t expect this myself, hats  off to the euro4, seems to have got it spot on for here.

There was the odd stray flake falling as I walked (slid) to the station. Snow equivalent of drizzle. 

SNNNNAAAAAWWWWW. This could be fun seeing as the side roads are frozen solid from last nights rain

I was definitely in the rain/sleet zone yesterday afternoon, evening and overnight.  All my snow has gone excepting a few square inches where it has been compacted. Feels very cold this morning though frost free now - icy puddles, sunny, temp 0C, but I am keeping an eye on the radar, although the snow band moving east seems to be breaking up and running out of fizz.

Looking north, the hills have had a good covering and the snow gates on the B974 remain closed.

Edited by ciel

The cat doesn’t seem to like the snaw

0884487A-4E94-4A74-893D-5765B7F7A712.thumb.jpeg.34966b7eb5f9b463de41b1101d7bdee8.jpeg

Let me in, it’s too cauld!...

A28CEE9A-435F-4A71-AC58-5F356DF44C77.thumb.jpeg.c27ffbbba8d5cd59f949ca587bc3aaae.jpeg

Light snow here now - sadly judging by the radar it's fizzling out this far east and won't amount to much. Still - first proper falling snow of the winter 😀

Got a decent shower about an hour ago in Motherwell, looks like it could be on and off for a while.Just a dusting at the moment though.

Just an odd flake of something coming down here. Very light at least so far but something did get through.

Oh well, It came, it laid, it melted.