shuggee

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

9 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Surreal storm dead silent with IC lightning every few minutes 

Silent with distant lightning here. Only a few drops of rain so far. Surely....

Still flashing away to my east but that lot moving up from the south looks good 

5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Silent with distant lightning here. Only a few drops of rain so far. Surely....

Bigger storm moving through with better bolts of lightning heavy rain hail and gusty winds 

It's still 23c in Prestwick, there must be a pretty good chance its going to beat the highest overnight minimum record! 

Wakes up.  Checks phone.  Checks radar.  Will it make it here?

Been asleep all night up until now so I think there’s probably not been any rain or storms through here. A check of the radar shows a big blob to the east covering most of East Central Scotland and the borders, looks like  being v heavy.

Been a couple of faint rumbles here in past 10 mins, the rain comes on periodically but not heavy. It’s mostly missing here although radar suggest some rain possibly developing over inland Ayrshire which could pass over here provided it doesn’t wishbone.

OMG WHAT A STORM, certain there will be bad flooding again, gutters overflowing frequent lightning loud thunder gusty winds, knackered now hopefully can get some sleep soon 😴

Rain yes but almost quite literaly dodged the main heaviest pulses although some places getting a battering so it seems

Posted (edited)

Think it's going to miss here...

Edited by howham

not seen or heard anything at all.. 3rd time in a row we have missed out. roll on winter.

Passing to east and west.  Just rain this time for me.

We got some heavy rain but the worst of the lightning was further south-west.

It's tropical this morning, hot amd sweaty at 7am 😜

Southerly gale  and pulses of heavy rain .Some lightning and thunder  about half an hour ago. Currently 20.5c. A very stormy morning for midsummer in complete contrast to 12 hours ago.

We had a fair bit of lightning  from 1.45 onwards but it really got going just after 2am and the rain only cleared after 5am.  Came from due south of me then circled round the hills to the west then came back again. Heavy heavy rain and gusty strong winds for a short time. Now warm but not humid, husband says 20C.

Gutted to have missed out in any exciting action last night 😩 and shattered from staying up so bloody late 

Hopefully the cloud breaks today 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Huntforsnow said:

Gutted to have missed out in any exciting action last night 😩 and shattered from staying up so bloody late 

Hopefully the cloud breaks today 

Yes the squeaky bum time I had at 23:00 last night came true - really though it would all push a bit more North but it went more North East resulting in us missing out! (Glasgow also)

I am knackered as well - stayed up until 3:00 then had to get up at 6:00!

Bit gutted - especially seeing all the pictures/videos from England and Wales! Great photo from Blackpool!

96044C0B-CA65-4F71-9CB6-DC3D34CC62F9.thumb.png.a68ffcf1f33d4cf93a640d5fea2e1554.png

Ah well - always next time!

Tomorrow is going to be a proper scorcher! 27c here so I imagine further inland we could be looking at 30c and I see thunderstorms are mentioned again! 😂

4D3AD64E-8E6A-40A5-813C-81960A05D0CC.thumb.png.cfd4d31fcd7a23119b48cb8fcc36083e.png

Quite a good chance of the hottest UK day in recorded history tomorrow!

Edited by Mr Frost

Posted (edited)

Morning all!

A bit of cloud around still to burn off (or not) after the fun and games for a couple of hours from 4am to around 6am of torrential rain and flash bangs.

Currently 20.4c.   Don't think it will get as high here as yesterday, but pleasant all the same. 

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen

Posted (edited)

Tomorrow Southern and Eastern parts of Scotland main risk going by the Metoffice warnings - it’s widespread and locally intense! Great wording! Late evening/first part of the night as well.

I need to move! 😂

3327C834-460C-4885-9ECA-46BD91B1F6B5.thumb.png.68cb8bf46e1dbe482311699d0582145c.png204A91E0-1789-441E-A2CC-491BF62DD6E2.thumb.png.533241b48184f0e4a46d64734f67b1cb.png

The storm thread is worth a look/browse - incredible pictures/videos posted in there.

Edited by Mr Frost

in the end very little rain came from this first burst. Maybe tomorrow as Frosty just posted might do better for us

Looks like Embra and Fife are the new storm capital of the UK, another big one last night with torrential rain

Tomorrow late arvo could be really fun here as that cold front hits the heat ...