Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Weather Discussion 2019

It’s been a Ci day overhead with some hazy sunshine, but Sc and Cu now underlie the upper sheet with some drizzle now; doesn’t augur well for the weekend.

More interestingly, a Cuckoo has been calling very nearby and the bird feeders have been deserted. I opened the window with camera at the ready but immediately the (unseen) Cuckoo stopped singing; on Cuckoo watch now, perhaps I need to learn more subtle fieldcraft.:oldrolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh my life what an awesome snowy day!!! First thing......down to see how the Ballo is freezing over. It's getting there, but even the light snow on West Lomond looked the part: Then home fo

Best snow in years ? 2 1/2 inches before the met office issue a weather warning LOL a light cover at 7am started proper at 9 and still going, just about.

Strange weather here sleety rain and at times snow but general slow thaw before temperatures finally dropping this afternoon with snow setting in. First picture shows plenty of water funnelling down A

Posted Images

Went out at 5.30 am this morning to scrape up spilt dung in front of steading after mucking out a fold yesterday. Nice and cool and dry

Went to local farm sale this morning after finishing scraping at 9.30 am. Stayed dry till midday.

Actually we are not in dire need of more rain just now but it culd be dry later in the summer and so we might be grateful for this weekends.

Was not going to do scraping  this afternoon in the rain we currently have   Currently 9c.

• Like 4

After a wet start most of the heavy stuff has cleared some sprinkles through the afternoon probably fairly breezy tho and a lot cooler compared to Friday 

• Like 2

27 hours of varying degrees of rain now passed, and the sun is oot. Very gusty earlier - much more so than forecast. 

• Like 4

Very wet morning followed by a brighter afternoon and more rain this evening. Very humid this afternoon but cooler this evening at 10c.A  few dry weather jobs beginning to stack up now and this coming week looks a bit unsettled so more patience required.

• Like 4

It started raining early yesterday morning and has rained non-stop since apart from an hour early yesterday afternoon and an hour early this afternoon. The ground is nicely saturated now thanks and it's been a good opportunity to check on the waterproofness of tents - they're not!

This isn't quite typical May weather!

• Like 5

After a very wet night ,  a  cool start to the day at 6.00am of 5c.  Currently 10c with an arctic airstream with wintry looking showers across the Firth to the north which must be falling as snow on the tops as the temperature on the summit of Cairngorm is -1.3c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Yes, quite chilly today, especially in the showers that sod's law determined to coincide with my outings. Still the potatoes grow, but some warmth would be nice. Stove's on again this evening - it's not so good when we're still having to heat the house every other day in late May.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Norrance said:

A cool start here with clouds building but dry so far. Here is the picture from the Ptarmigan webcam at Cairngorm this morning.

DA29EEE0-F873-484D-8C16-405BBF17E364.jpeg

Pink?!?! ?

• Like 6

Another cool start here at 5c .Snow on the tops of the hills all round the Firth.A  few wintry looking showers across the Firth too and  a fresh NW wind with an arctic sky001.thumb.JPG.0e58b115e8563b5857f6a82f25464256.JPG002.thumb.JPG.6a2076be9c595e9e538aafec3f2189d0.JPG

More heavy showers overnight have left the ground too wet to cultivate for neeps so a June sowing looks on the cards.

• Like 8

Swift, I think, @CatchMyDrift, from the look of it and your description. Swallows have a " a chatter followed by a distinctive click" song, or make a two syllable alarm call. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I said a few days ago that the charts didn't look too bad down the line. I was wrong. Badly. They are a horror show of unsettled sogginess over the next ten days or longer.

Thanks for the help with bird indentification, I am useless.

• Like 1