Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Recommended Posts

More than I though I would get from staring at the radar all afternoon 

IMG_20200127_193214.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was raining here but then in 2 minutes turned to big flakes of snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice cover here now and still coming down. 

IMG_20200127_195607.jpg

IMG_20200127_195146.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow is stopping here just as it was starting to lie.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just rain here so far (hi folks, long time no post!)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dying off now but its a start. Can't believe it actually lay here after the heavy sleet earlier!   

IMG_20200127_200821.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few flakes came down just now. Temps down to 1.5c. few points must be very low?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Not cold enough until after 9.

Like chasing a pot of gold this year mountain shadow.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow shower just starting and looks like it will finally be a proper long one. Direction has changed from earlier. Showers heading east now, was heading NE earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, booferking said:

Like chasing a pot of gold this year mountain shadow.?

Aye. Two years now without a flake.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Aye. Two years now without a flake.

Shower band pushing in from the west last chance salon for me tonight before i hit the bed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the big blob currently out Strabane direction makes it this far MS.

Can anyone remember where to find the radar that shows precipitation further out west than the net weather one? I can’t find, would be good to see what potential there is overnight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to go to an appointment in Derry this evening and as it was raining at 6pm I decided to head via Gortin and Plumbridge. Bad stained glass windowing mistake, was absolutely treacherous from Plumbridge onwards and had to stop and turn around. Serious snow falling. 

Back on main road at Newtownstewart and snow stayed the whole way to Derry. 

Fascinating to see the change in the direction of Showers now. Back home and snow is heaving it down now here, the shorter track now coming from west to east is making all the difference. Complete white out outside now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Hopefully the big blob currently out Strabane direction makes it this far MS.

Can anyone remember where to find the radar that shows precipitation further out west than the net weather one? I can’t find, would be good to see what potential there is overnight

Sat 24 gives a good look out west 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sperrin said:

Had to go to an appointment in Derry this evening and as it was raining at 6pm I decided to head via Gortin and Plumbridge. Bad stained glass windowing mistake, was absolutely treacherous from Plumbridge onwards and had to stop and turn around. Serious snow falling. 

Back on main road at Newtownstewart and snow stayed the whole way to Derry. 

Fascinating to see the change in the direction of Showers now. Back home and snow is heaving it down now here, the shorter track now coming from west to east is making all the difference. Complete white out outside now. 

Enjoy

Perfect polar NW flow for you- 

Photos req tomorrow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light snow falling now heavier stuff incoming by the looks of the radar might get something out this after all.?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, na52 said:

Sat 24 gives a good look out west 

 

Thanks, use that one yes, there was another one that showed precipitation, much the same as net weather radar, can’t find it but was good to use along with sat24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

Thanks, use that one yes, there was another one that showed precipitation, much the same as net weather radar, can’t find it but was good to use along with sat24

Yea a precip one would be handy alright ...if you get it let me know please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Enjoy

Perfect polar NW flow for you- 

Photos req tomorrow.

I wasnt enjoying when the car locked up heading towards a stone bridge at about 7pm!! Was needing a stop at Asda to get a pair of new boxers!! ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even rain here! No precipitation at all. It’s flippin freezing out though and feels very raw in that wind!

 

Dublin snow shield fully functional again!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wee skiff this morning leaving for work. Turned to rain coming down the M2 into Belfast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...