Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 13/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Last time I'll quote this guy from boards but I really really really think it's going to snow now lol

"The Germans have a term for what we'll get this week: Nasskalt. That horrible wet cold that's of use to no-one. Temperature and dewpoints both in low single figures, cold wet slop.

There is still no signal of anything of any interest at low levels this week. Where is the cold dry boundary level going to come from? Modified Greenland air that will be sitting around here for a few days. Lovely for mountainyman and some higher dwellers, not much for the rest of us. Look beyond the model output for a moment and think of the bigger picture."

Edited by StormyWeather28

Posted
6 minutes ago, StormyWeather28 said:

Last time I'll quote this guy from boards but I really really really think it's going to snow now lol

"The Germans have a term for what we'll get this week: Nasskalt. That horrible wet cold that's of use to no-one. Temperature and dewpoints both in low single figures, cold wet slop.

There is still no signal of anything of any interest at low levels this week. Where is the cold dry boundary level going to come from? Modified Greenland air that will be sitting around here for a few days. Lovely for mountainyman and some higher dwellers, not much for the rest of us. Look beyond the model output for a moment and think of the bigger picture."

God this guy/girl sounds a real buzz kill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yep, they are. I've started to scroll past their posts. Entitled to their opinion of course but it's the way it's put forward. 

Posted

9 pm BBC weather has snow showers tomorrow am in the NE and then more frequent and widespread  snow showers on Tuesday.  That was as far as it went.

Posted

NI Weather & Flood Advisory Service

10 mins ·

NI Weather & Flood Advisory Service has issued the following weather warning.

This warning is valid 29/01/19 and 31/01/19

An early Yellow warning of Snow has been issued for Northern Ireland.

There is risk of heavy snow during Tuesday and also Thursday this coming.

Leading to a risk of accumulations. Possibly significant in place, especially later in the week.

There is risk of disruption in the coming week. The public are advised to stay tuned to forecasts and warnings, especially if you are due to travel or have events planned.

There is some uncertainty regarding this and is subject to changes, we will update this warning over the coming days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter
2 minutes ago, ronan said:

NI Weather & Flood Advisory Service

10 mins ·

NI Weather & Flood Advisory Service has issued the following weather warning.

This warning is valid 29/01/19 and 31/01/19

An early Yellow warning of Snow has been issued for Northern Ireland.

There is risk of heavy snow during Tuesday and also Thursday this coming.

Leading to a risk of accumulations. Possibly significant in place, especially later in the week.

There is risk of disruption in the coming week. The public are advised to stay tuned to forecasts and warnings, especially if you are due to travel or have events planned.

There is some uncertainty regarding this and is subject to changes, we will update this warning over the coming days.

Sounds promising. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather, thunderstorms, snow

All very promising atm. It’s nice to finally be in on the action of potential sliders and frontal snow. All too often were just that bit too far west and the dumpings occur across the pond. Let’s just hope the potential doesn’t dwindle or even better, we may see upgrades with more of us seeing the white stuff. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Rocheydub said:

Oh you tease! *swoons*

And it’s getting unfair now after you got the action last year! Well if this comes true!

936AFD0F-2A9B-47C9-BC6C-70FFE332DB17.png

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Tomorrow looking interesting from 5am going by the beeb weather this morning 

Yes.  Decent snow showers primarily in the North and West. 

Thursday looks good for more prolonged snow for central Ireland.  I think most of Ulster will miss out.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Yes.  Decent snow showers primarily in the North and West. 

Thursday looks good for more prolonged snow for central Ireland.  I think most of Ulster will miss out.

Yea Thursday looks like missing us when's the last time we have had a proper dumping from a frontal system can you remember?

Posted
1 minute ago, booferking said:

Yea Thursday looks like missing us when's the last time we have had a proper dumping from a frontal system can you remember?

It's been a while . Plus 5 years at least.

I remember Saintfield,  7 miles South of me getting 15cm in a similar situation and I got nothing. 

It's just the way it is with snow. Very rare that everyone gets something. 

Posted
Just now, mountain shadow said:

It's been a while . Plus 5 years at least.

I remember Saintfield,  7 miles South of me getting 15cm in a similar situation and I got nothing. 

It's just the way it is with snow. Very rare that everyone gets something. 

Every system that iv seen potential in the last few years are so has missed us and went South and the mad thread well and truly took over again.

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Every system that iv seen potential in the last few years are so has missed us and went South and the mad thread well and truly took over again.

Carol Kirkwoods graphics had Thursday's snow extending into the North,  but I'm not convinced.