South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

7 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Right that does it I'm off out to stick the cover on the windscreen, an early start so prefer a clear screen..

Don’t panic it’s back up to 0.1°C now ? 

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Jack Minall said:

Where's this come from then? ?

Screenshot_20190123-200631.jpg

BBC Points West showed a few showers moving South tomorrow so given how cold the air is it's possible.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, meshellby said:

Do I bother going into the MAD thread tonight? What’s the mood like in there???

I wouldn't bother, all a bit rubbish tonight. Hopefully tomorrow the models will pick out on something to make us cold?

• Like 1

I know this is a long shot but I'm bored:

Does anyone in the West Country remember a very good rain to snow event in 2005/2006? (There's a possibility it could've been the winter before... although I'm pretty sure I was in my last year in college.) I remember it rained heavily all morning and then turned to snow early in the afternoon. The reason why it sticks out in my mind because they were the biggest flakes I'd ever seen. We must've got 3-4 inches in less than a couple hours.

I know that doesn't narrow it down very much... but thought there's a chance somebody knows what I'm talking about. Would be cool to see the charts that produced that snow.