South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Now just starting snowing in Reading with big flakes!

Hmm. Must be PPN intensity lowering the freezing level. Just south of Reading here and missing out on heavier PPN bursts. Drizzly with temp of 3.4 and dewpoint of 2. 

IMG_20190122_143122.jpg

Edited by WhiteFox
Screenshot

The word from the office in Stokenchurch is that it's snowing heavily there and settling.

The radar suggests that it should be rain/sleet up there.

It also suggests that conditions should support snow here. Not happening, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, jtay said:

The word from the office in Stokenchurch is that it's snowing heavily there and settling.

The radar suggests that it should be rain/sleet up there.

It also suggests that conditions should support snow here. Not happening, I'm afraid.

Doesn't surprise me. It's my go-to place in the area if it's marginal and I need a snow fix! Always drive up towards Christmas Common.

1 minute ago, WhiteFox said:

Doesn't surprise me. It's my go-to place in the area if it's marginal and I need a snow fix! Always drive up towards Christmas Common.

Yep. Anywhere north of Watlington is a good bet. Surprised it snowed down here tbh. Usually it turns wintry once it reaches the chilterns