South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

1 minute ago, Leon1 said:

image.png.3b7693c026ebbe19a59efb12f3515fc9.png

This pleased me, and it should please you too! ? Imagine if we had snow next Tuesday...

I have already planned to work from home, in the event that a single snowflake disrupts the southern england traffic. My winter tyres are poised, as are my snow chains, my snow shovel, flask, blanket and mars bars.

Do you think I'm going over the top....oh OK, I'll only pack one Mars bar then..

• Like 5
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

AHA, you're playing catch up tonight. I have frost on the car already and currently it's Temp: 0.4 °C & Dew Point: -2.8 °C

It's slightly cloudy here. The moon has become hazy.

Just went outside and saw my mum's plane flying to Amsterdam for a winter city break and I could feel the chill of the cold. Forecast shows it being this cold and colder with snow for ages!

1.7°C with light north-easterly winds.

2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

5C double snow symbols, really? Does that mean 2 flakes of sn*w. Not being facetious but that sounds really hopeful. Of course living oop north of the region you have a better chance, but I've seen temperatures much lower than that and it's been rain. Of course temperature inversions / salt air / too many grockles can upset the balance down here...  ?

Oh don’t get me wrong, it snows a lot here, it just normally lands as rain... ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Down to -0.9°C. I wonder what it would've been under clear skies? Hurn down to -2.6°C and Benson down to -3.5°C.

But of course ?

Never mind faffing with t144, I've had snow and ice today and for the foreseeable I've got a winter

21 minutes ago, divadee said:

Well woke up to a temp of a balmy 5.2c in central Bournemouth. I was expecting slightly colder. 

Hold tight and next week should deliver ? fingers crossed ? 

43 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

That’s a shame. 0.4°C was my overnight low, currently 0.6°C - looks like the cloud really held it up here

Similar here, forecast -5c, got +2c.. damned cloud. at least I didn't have to scrape the car today!

• Like 1