Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

A miserable day so far with light rain and feeling cool. 12.6°C

Awful.

🏏 World Cup starts tomorrow 😕

42 minutes ago, jtay said:

Awful.

🏏 World Cup starts tomorrow 😕

Well they should get a few reasonable days to start, not looking so good for next week at the moment. 

3 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

It’s not really wet Scott, not in Warminster anyway, pimply rain and drizzle on and off for the last 5 hours but not even 1mm in the gauge.

Oh! Well I guess neighbours were exaggerating. I was hoping there’d be something meaningful so I didn’t have to get them to top up the plants.

The road outside seems to be wet, but it's hardly penetrated the gauge yet, there looks to be a little bit more to come, but I'm not holding out much hope of not having to water the pots tomorrow.

Much nicer this morning than I expected. Couldn't go out for a wander earlier due to early work commitments, which was annoying.

Loads of clear air off the West coast of France. If that can push in with the building high, we're dancing. 🕺

image.thumb.png.6497818a037f1eb60ddd0eb64b626d51.png

I'm completely surprised by today's weather! The forecast gave it dry, but cloudy. I've already recorded 6 hours of sunshine and temp is around 20.5°C. Quite humid, but lovely working in the garden.

Sunny and warm with barely a breeze. Better than I expected as likewise, it was forecast to be overcast all day

It's clouded over here now, so I suggest you boys stick to the coast and the sunshine.

Odd day here. Very breezy and surprisingly warm. T 21.6C

19 minutes ago, jtay said:

It's clouded over here now, so I suggest you boys stick to the coast and the sunshine.

Well I will be damned, the cloud is moving in here now!8E08F22E-98D6-42C5-AC60-A3652CE8D652.thumb.jpeg.9f18c9d9b25e1089fbcf92e0fc1c6420.jpeg

Sunny here but very breezy now taking the edge off the temperature. 16.7°C

Posted (edited)

66963C88-1A14-45DD-89E8-3639E7B7415C.thumb.jpeg.0d9192b5d2536a3a3469222ebc746f63.jpegI’m out to sea and escaping the cloud. 😎 

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Unbroken sunshine since around 11:30am. Temp hit 21.2°C on my Davis station, and 21.5°C on my new Ecowitt.

Was a much nicer day than expected here with plenty of sunshine. min 13.3°C max 21.3°C current 17.3°C

The cloud did move further inland when I got back which was good, so had another few hours of unbroken blue skies. A bit cloudier now but the occasional clear period.

Sunny all day here although it was cloudier a few miles inland. Would've been very nice if it wasn't for the cool breeze. Reached 17.2°C, currently 14.4°C

A very cloudy day here after a blue skied start, breezy at times and felt muggy mid afternoon.  Clearing a bit now but there is a band of cloud to the W/NW.

Managed around 11.7 hours of sunshine here. A great day!

Ugh should have know better was hoping for a bright start to the day, instead heavy low cloud and light rain. Satellite imagery doesn’t fill me with joy either, tonnes of low cloud piling in, coastal areas west of the IOW will do well to stay dry let alone see the sun today! 

Light passing shower a while back, currently 15.3°C and overcast

Rain at time's this morning. Heavy for a minute just now. 

The thickness of the cloud has been under estimated to some degree by the models, GFS 06z generally catching up and pulling progged max temps back to 17-19C today, also where clearance occurs infill will likely replace low cloud / mist & drizzle. Somewhat disappointing.

Bright here with the odd pocket of blue sky. Still feeling warm. 17.4°C.