South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

With yesterday’s rain it’s already passed last months rainfall total here, which itself was around double January’s total. 

Sunny spells and breezy so far today. 10.7°C

Max temp of 11.4°C. Some sunny spells and breezy today but not worthy of a warning.

I've marked the graphs showing when the warning was in force.

2019653664_Annotation2019-03-13212520.thumb.jpg.d73cd904ba80c4bfad7971b0fcc8d329.jpg

• Like 1

@Weather-history  Didn't recall it as being anything exceptional, so got old book out and found:

4th  snow flurries around 08.00 with wintry showers through pm

5th  very wet snow in early hours, 50%+ cover at 09.00 to a depth of 2cms.  All gone before dark.

I'm also well above February's rainfall total, 79.2mm against Feb's total of 55.2mm.  As I do my rainfall manually and from 09.00 to 09.00, I didn't get a dry day yesterday, 4.4mm fell overnight.

Just had an interesting downpour of very fine rain here, dropped a millimetre in 1 minute. Rain rate of 57.4mm/hr. Temp was up to 13.8°C.

I caught (for the first time in ages) the South Today forecast at 5 to 7 this evening. It's wrong already, regarding rainfall tonight. 

It hasn’t stopped drizzling/raining all day, every time I’ve checked the radar and thought a gap was coming it’s filled in. It’s quite fascinating to rewind the radar and watch what’s happened. A total of 4mm in 15 hours since first light when I emptied the gauge.

Oh, nearly forgot, not a breath of wind which means it’s oddly quiet, for now.

6 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

It hasn’t stopped drizzling/raining all day, every time I’ve checked the radar and thought a gap was coming it’s filled in. It’s quite fascinating to rewind the radar and watch what’s happened. A total of 4mm in 15 hours since first light when I emptied the gauge.

Oh, nearly forgot, not a breath of wind which means it’s oddly quiet, for now.

Complete opposite here. Windy all day, but dry as a bone.