Jump to content

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

some people have described the lack of storms this winter as boring. Well, if i get anything above 45mph, i get roof damage, and water coming in. So, keep the storms away. Hopefully, i get the roof sorted this summer, ready for the day after tomorrow storms of winter 19/20

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed that glorious sunshine during the day yesterday, certainly felt a lot warmer than the 10.5c highs.
Got down to 3c at 4.30am.
This morning, a very slight frost. Can hear the fog horns, but not seeing any. Lovely blue clear skies. 6.7c, 1033.6 hPa, very light SW winds

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stevofunnelcl said:

some people have described the lack of storms this winter as boring. Well, if i get anything above 45mph, i get roof damage, and water coming in. So, keep the storms away. Hopefully, i get the roof sorted this summer, ready for the day after tomorrow storms of winter 19/20

Agreed. Storms are a nuisance, and always seem to time themselves for when the recycling is out here lol.

Early frost long gone now with more cloud around. 4C

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

in the MAD thread at the moment, it's pretty much R.I.P to this winter

there is talk of opera singers clearing their throats and stuff

ohh well, not so bad, some pleasant outdoor weather coming up

maybe a blizzard in June

Don't tell them but deep cold could be coming to my town soon! ?

Net1.jpg

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hows the weather for the Alps looking. Is it possible that there will be an inversion under the high pressure there. I hope so because it's a week until I go with no snow forecast until a few days after I arrive.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Snow Of '78 said:

Don't tell them but deep cold could be coming to my town soon! ?

Net1.jpg

That should ensure a colder than average February!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snow Of '78 said:

Lasts the entire week... could save winter. Sadly no snow!

Sums up our luck this winter (except the lucky few from this region). -50°C with a 902mb low and still not a single flake. ?  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Sums up our luck this winter (except the lucky few from this region). -50°C with a 902mb low and still not a single flake. ?  

Don't it just. Although there was only a few inches of snow in my town, when I went on the Quantock hills undisturbed snow was a foot or more deep in places!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snow Of '78 said:

Don't it just. Although there was only a few inches of snow in my town, when I went on the Quantock hills undisturbed snow was a foot or more deep in places!

Just under 2 inches here. Was nice to see but melted far too quickly, was gone by the end of the following day. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...