Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

22 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I likes me an Atlantic storm, looking forward to tonight in to tomorrow  

I thought we had a storm into Saturday / Sunday. Has icon backed away from that now? Yellow warnings dropped. Think I'm getting my storms confused. :)

I consider myself lucky that my highest gust was 36mph.

Showers rattling in now. Latest one in Bristol with hail and a bit splodgy on the car windscreen.

54 minutes ago, Stormyskies56 said:

I thought we had a storm into Saturday / Sunday. Has icon backed away from that now? Yellow warnings dropped. Think I'm getting my storms confused. 🙂

Wind speeds and gusts are still forecast to be higher than last night, so it makes no sense.

The winds forecast here are lower than last night's, but still pretty stormy. We have road works in our street and the closure signs have been blown over and put back up at least a dozen times 😂😂

All I can say is 'Bloody, sodding weather'! I'm soaked, one minute the sun's out, the next minute it's pouring, then to cap it all, torrential hail. Roll on summer. Hurrumph.

Much calmer than it was last night. Missed all the showers so far today leaving a sunny day so far. 10.0°C

1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Wind speeds and gusts are still forecast to be higher than last night, so it makes no sense.

Thanks, I thought I was going mad! Sure there were yellow warnings earlier. Then I thought they were in the process of changing them and another would pop up but no. I've tweeted Fergie to find out whats happened! 

Had a thundery shower with hail mixed in earlier. Thunderstorms definitely more exciting in the summer.  8c currently.

Temperature stuck at 8.3°C at the moment. 

Is this rain meant to intensify along the south? My met office app showing heavy rain from 9am right through the day in Poole. Yet looking at the radar there is no sign of it and looks mostly north. 

God this weather is boring. Grey, breezy and spots of rain ahead of the front. Bring on something sunnier.

Breezy morning, SSW 15-20mph, plenty of 25 mph gusts and a few since the early hours that have hit 30mph.
Drizzly grey morning, 2.2mm of rain so far today. 
9.8c, 1002.1 hPa.

Work to do and I have a serious case of manflu. 

Wind speeds here are 20 - 23mph, gusting to 45mph. Temp 10.4°C, 9.4mm of rain. 

As vile mornings go, this one really is a rotter. Got soaked this morning and the heavy stuff hadn't even started.

45mph on both my Davis and WeatherFlow stations. Wind speed is currently at 25mph.

20190208_123356.thumb.jpg.bb651f469153d6bd0938979d3212f26f.jpg

Edited by Mapantz

13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

45mph on both my Davis and WeatherFlow stations. Wind speed is currently at 25mph.

20190208_123356.thumb.jpg.bb651f469153d6bd0938979d3212f26f.jpg

I like the "Hold on to your hat" at the bottom.

Does it change to  "Just stay in"......😉

2 minutes ago, Glenosnow said:

I like the "Hold on to your hat" at the bottom.

Does it change to  "Just stay in"......😉

Mine changed to "Make a brew, sit back in your chair and watch some YouTube and keep an eye on the weather station" 😄

Think someone's anemometer is a bit broken 😂

Screenshot_20190208-133958.jpg

Crazy bursts of rain here today. 20mm so far.

Multiple trees down around the area, and a nasty one in Poole. Tree fell on a bus, the driver was very lucky to survive! I don't know why the Met Office removed the warning only to put it back far too late.

Edited by Mapantz

Two big bands of rain, and I'm in the middle.  Been wet, but nothing like had been predicted. Windy enough to blow empty bins over,  but nowhere near as bad as Weds night. Just about hit low 40s. Not pleasant out,but we seem to have got off lightly 

Just hit an inch of rain. Only 8 days in to February and i'm already at 75.2mm.