Jump to content

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, jtay said:

I think it's sinking south now. We've only had fine flakes for the last hour, or two, as we were on the Southern edge; but now it's pepping up.

I just noticed it has got heavier here in the past few minutes

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s still coming down thick and fast here. 

 

Due to the slight rise in temp and compacting, I think we’re not accumulating much more tho and will level out at around 20cm.

 

what a fantastic event this has been!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, beerandkebab said:

spot on, we're right in the centre of that circulation, ppn on the increase again!

Same....the radar is completely underwhelming in terms of ppn, but it's forming literally before my eyes! Incredible

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Singing in the Snow said:

Any hope for Poole/Bournemouth?

Absolutely. The center of the low pressure looks to be just off of the SE coast, in the channel. The colder -6 850 temps continue to wrap around from the NE. Some snow may begin to develop on the N/NW flank as it slowly sinks South.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im a bit confused,my only local info is coming from Downton,Redlynch and Godshill,can any of these weather centres give a clue as to whats happening,is this nearly over now or subject to change.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mapantz said:

Absolutely. The center of the low pressure looks to be just off of the SE coast, in the channel. The colder -6 850 temps continue to wrap around from the NE. Some snow may begin to develop on the N/NW flank as it slowly sinks South.

Really going to be impossible to focus on my criminology essay now!

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is compacting here - it’s not deeper than a few hours ago. I cleared a bit off my bin, and it’s getting covered again. So no thaw here! Just more crunchy... and falling steady again after a half hour lull. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

yellows now appearing on the NW radar....can mean one of two things.......very heavy snowfall, or people need to stop using their back garden as a lav...lol

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

And it does look like it’s very slowly all moving south - but at this rate and with one more decent pivot from my east, I’ll have a few hours yet here! Can’t see a melt today unless the sky completely clears, but might be too late by then. Any ideas on how cold tonight? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jethro said:

And it's still going! Now 25cm on the table, garden groaning under the weight and the winds blowing great big chunks around.

DSC02843.JPG

DSC02841.JPG

I think our days are numbered though. starting to move east and south. you may get half hour more though. It shows as blue on radar now but still chucking it down

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Have you got away?

Nearly... I’ll report back in an hour or so.. OH driving here from Bridgwater to get me so we will see ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jy said:

Im a bit confused,my only local info is coming from Downton,Redlynch and Godshill,can any of these weather centres give a clue as to whats happening,is this nearly over now or subject to change.

I can't see the expected South East movement yet, so it looks like it's got to get past us on it's way back to the channel; so we're still in the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

And it does look like it’s very slowly all moving south - but at this rate and with one more decent pivot from my east, I’ll have a few hours yet here! Can’t see a melt today unless the sky completely clears, but might be too late by then. Any ideas on how cold tonight? 

6z gfs keeps us below freezing

gfs-9-18.png

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

It is compacting here - it’s not deeper than a few hours ago. I cleared a bit off my bin, and it’s getting covered again. So no thaw here! Just more crunchy... and falling steady again after a half hour lull. 

It quite amazing! Don’t think I can remember seeing snow like it!

Way more than we seen from the Beast last year, much deeper and fluffier. Though that was a different scenario with the blowing powder snow.

loving it.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...