Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, mozzer84 said:

I didn't think it was going to happen ❄️?️?

Now we have snow falling and settling, I hope more falls for a bit longer into the night. It looks as though the back edge isn't too far off the coast now.

13 minutes ago, Smartie said:

Tell me about it! Even brighter echo's from the band just to the south but it doesn't seem to be moving north very  much

Just can't seem to get anything heavier over us. I can't believe we will end up missing out..... 

2 minutes ago, Bobafet said:

Reverse psychology worked!  Newport IOW snowing heavily and laying.

4B2C3CA2-DEBA-4DB1-A797-A50DFEBE0AE2.jpeg

59301179-BB8F-4169-8207-500F6F0F4A28.jpeg

Lol, not sure psychology does very much to the weather. Just having a quick look.

Nice to see the SW/S/SE getting some significant falls of snow, and increasingly to the coast line. Lots more to come this evening and into early/mid-morning.

Having moved from SE to Manchester 2 years ago I would be quite excited but humble about tonight. Looking quite possible Hants/Berks area are going to get perhaps 5-10cm. North Manchester has had a fair bit (~4cm) but the cold has been really punishing in the wind this evening (~ -3c)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Blizzardof82 said:

I saw about 3 earlier :help:

I have counted about 6 so its a start if I see 10 by the end of the night ill sleep like a baby!

Just now, Snow Of '78 said:

Back garden just 2 mins ago!

IMG_20190131_194022.jpg

I went to ivalo, artic circle, last year and saw 2 foot fall in 3 days. I was in amazement the whole time and the locals thought it was really funny watching me. Imagine if they came in here and saw our photos and excitement ???

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TomW said:

I have counted about 6 so its a start if I see 10 by the end of the night ill sleep like a baby!

I am fuming, now the Wife is having a go as her work said she could have tomorrow off if it gets heavy, saying I said it would snow.

26 minutes ago, snowponies said:

After it rained for most of the afternoon I was starting to give up on the prospect of any snow, then at about 4.30pm it started. Lovely big fat chunks of snow, within half hour there was these pictures, an hour later there must of been a good couple of inches. Beautiful! 

IMG_20190131_170228.jpg

IMG_20190131_172206.jpg

IMG_20190131_172152.jpg

Aleyna? Nice pics. Weird how Tavistock didn't even get a dusting when you did as did bere Alston, gunnislake, Plymouth etc. Tavistock snow shield worked perfectly today!