South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

14 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

I had to Google Spirals (In my 20's) and it's the same building that I've just literally come back from (Anytime Fitness) - Mind blown.

That's the place. Legendary bouncer used to literally throw people down the stairs! His name escapes me - Ronnie someone

• Haha 2
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

That's the place. Legendary bouncer used to literally throw people down the stairs! His name escapes me - Ronnie someone

Ronnie Pickering?

• Haha 6
1 minute ago, ncjones said:

Leaving Paddington now.. will reach Haldon Hill about 445pm, had thought little chance of snow settling by then. Confidence waning! 

Haldon Hill? I'd honestly say there's little chance of you getting through. It's always awful up there and today could be particularly bad looking at this.

• Like 1

Comparing forecast and actual Met Office rainfall charts for 2pm, I'd say the very top of the front (the bit closest to Weymouth) looks a little more active than forecast, and the whole area of more intense precipitation looks a bit more widespread through the channel south of Dorset/Devon/Cornwall??

• Like 2

The pivot is moving far too fast for my liking,  the precipitation can only be 50 miles off the south of the isle of wight already.

Forecast was nothing until 5pm,  can see it raining in Southampton by 3-4pm which is not late enough for the temperature drop.....

Just now, MidnightSnow said:

Nooooooo all the heavy snow symbols have vanished. 

Yeah its pivoting earlier so band will be weak when it arrives here not a surprise really the southerly trend was always there!

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

Nooooooo all the heavy snow symbols have vanished. 

Apps are useless in this situation!!!

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, West is Best said:

Haldon Hill? I'd honestly say there's little chance of you getting through. It's always awful up there and today could be particularly bad looking at this.

Yep. They grit it to death these days, but obviously will get overwhelmed if really intense. 

• Like 1
Just now, MidnightSnow said:

Yeah guilty.. but pretty sure they're updated with new data regularly. It coincides well with what we're seeing on the radar.

from what im seeing at the moment the intensity is staying the same, i think we need to calm down for the time being 

• Like 3