South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

7 minutes ago, Stormygirl said:

Hi all   Can I join team Isle of Wight.  ☺️ been lurking around for a while. Love all sorts of weather especially snow. Looking marginal for us but hoping we will have some snow later.  

Welcome aboard Stormygirl, enjoy the ride ! Steve

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

1 minute ago, chris55 said:

Don’t want it to pivot yet lol, let’s get it inland first!!

I mentioned earlier a couple of huge snow events when I was in north Devon. One, as I recall, was around 2008/9 and the Met Office were confidently forecasting a similar situation to today. But with a really serious cold easterly ahead the predictable happened: it stalled and dumped a massive fall on us. It happened a few times here in Devon. Infamously also happened in the winter of 1978/9 when the South West was cut off from the rest of Britain.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, jtay said:

Does @khodds going out on the smash count as non-essential?

Hopefully not a splash then or a lot of us will be slashing ...... over lashings of splashy stuff, here's to a snowbound lock-in at the local or knowing our luck, a post-Brexit ports, shops and government lockdown.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, fromey said:

I believe looking at the rain radar it’s beginning to

7BABD035-5D98-42E2-A254-3F63B554CF32.gif

Hmmmm..........  bit early yet ideally (IMBY).

• Like 3

I have just got in from picking up my very poorly son from school. He's not very happy because he won't be able to go out in the snow in the morning ?. A very refreshing four mile walk for me. Temp is currently at 2.7c here.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, s4lancia said:

My boy's school just been closed in Dorchester. Obviously in preperation, not because of any current issues.

So has mine eldest school, but i didn't want to say :ninja:

4 minutes ago, SilverWolf said:

I hope not! Be good for everyone if it all gets slightly north of the whole region first! 

On closer inspection it’s still moveing west- east , with only a slight pivot  to the north.

• Like 1