Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

Right down the bottom end of Cornwall. The children are hoping , it's all they are talking about. But I don't think we are in for snow this time ?

Edited by caz100

What a stunning morning !! A perfect winters day coming up.

Bright crisp frosty morning- ✔️ 

Beautiful milky blue sky - ✔️ 

Stunning moon/Venus/Jupiter ✔️ 

Snow incoming ✔️ 

Cold following on behind the snow ✔️ 

Perfect? 

Enjoy the next 24 hours people.

Edited by chris55
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On the outside I am calm, but on the inside I am in turmoil. Looking at those radar (?) images, the front (?) looks a bit broken in the middle. I have a horrible feeling that it will split and that one part will go to the North and the other part to the East , leaving the area to the NE of Bristol with a few poxy flakes. ? ? Oh, I'm getting hysterical now, must give myself a metaphorical slap. It's only snow noggin, it's only snow......?

• Like 1

lousy timing of this weather system, as with 2 days ago, it comes in during warmest part of the day.

alarming rise of temp this morning. I'm ready for disappointment

it's a question of whether the rain can turn wintry, before it clears through

1 minute ago, noggin said:

On the outside I am calm, but on the inside I am in turmoil. Looking at those radar (?) images, the front (?) looks a bit broken in the middle. I have a horrible feeling that it will split and that one part will go to the North and the other part to the East , leaving the area to the NE of Bristol with a few poxy flakes. ?? Oh, I'm getting hysterical now, must give myself a metaphorical slap. It's only snow noggin, it's only snow......?

I’ll give you ? ? ? ;) calm yourself! 

9 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I think it is safe to say ground temperatures are conducive.. ?

Yes, that is good. Some of the ground didn't thaw out at all yestefday, so this is in our favour. ?

1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ?

Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilts / Hamps - could hit the jackpot >10cm

Thanks Steve for coming on to our region and wishing us luck.

6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ?

Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilts / Hamps - could hit the jackpot >10cm

Thanks Steve. Thanks also for all your winter related posts in the MOD thread...we’ve finally got there, we’ll at least for a couple of days. Maybe something more later into Feb.

• Like 2