South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Does anyone use the software wxsim for a website or just in general?

After doing some reading, I think i'm going to purchase it, as it produces some extremely good forecasts.

Hadn't heard of it before now. Looks very good though. 

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice little walk with the hound.

Beautiful looking up towards Peek Tor on Dartmoor this morning ❄❄❄

Guys good luck today -As they say one mans loss is another mans gain - well for once in the UK the south & SW are going to gobble up the Norths snow ? Someone in North Devon / Somerset / Wilt

Posted Images

Blowing a hoolie, raining, 2.6c ?.

I must tally up how many wet weekend days there have been this year. Just this past week we had a wet Saturday followed by 6 dry days and now another wet Saturday!

Morning all, filthy morning here, cold, wet and windy. Local artisan Christmas market in Shepton Mallet cancelled due to high winds toppling the town Christmas tree and stalls blowing over. Not exactly festive weather.

2 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Blowing a hoolie, raining, 2.6c ?.

I must tally up how many wet weekend days there have been this year. Just this past week we had a wet Saturday followed by 6 dry days and now another wet Saturday!

Just saying the same last night, I think the last dry Saturday we had here was 16th November.

Temp rose to 4.9c at midnight from the high yesterday during the day of 4.4c. 
A low of 4.1c at 7am, now 4.6c.
1015 hPa now. Been falling rapidly since its midnight reading of 1023 hPa.
Rain started around 7am, 1.8mm so far.
SE Wind picked up just after midnight 12-18mph. Gusts have picked up last few hours to 30mph.

10 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Back to filth yet again and another arduous week to come. Unless something considerable changes in the final third of the month, it'll be a month for the bin.

Yes I'm not really liking it either. Hopefully weather turns festive around or just after Xmas. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Back to filth yet again and another arduous week to come. Unless something considerable changes in the final third of the month, it'll be a month for the bin.

I know, it's abysmal out there. Here's for a cold January and maybe Christmas! Or am I pushing my luck with the latter, hope not.

Edited by Leon1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Leon1 said:

I know, it's abysmal out there. Here's for a cold January and maybe Christmas! Or am I pushing my luck with the latter, hope not.

Even in the amazing summer there were 3 terrible Sundays!