Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/12/2018 Onwards

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

One last hurrah? How many times have they said that lol

Posted
19 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

One last hurrah? How many times have they said that lol

Out of pure spite, I might spend all of October-Jan this year in the model thread looking for signs of warmth and championing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn
8 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Out of pure spite, I might spend all of October-Jan this year in the model thread looking for signs of warmth and championing it.

Good idea.

Posted

We had 16mm of showery rain yesterday and very heavy at times with a few of them short hail showers.
Stayed at 8c for most of the day but felt a lot colder. Temp rose late evening to 9.5c, a low of 8,4c at 3am.

Today has been dry and cloudy, 11.4c max.
The SE wind this morning picked up to 20-25mph with plenty of 30-34mph gusts. Its dropped now to 10mph and moved ESE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!

Hoping for cold is pretty pointless and hopeless now, unless it's something spectacular, it will just be a day like today. Giving out too much false hope to people who don't know as much as them to be completely honest. You can see the hot temperatures rising up through Europe on the charts and the cold temperatures fast receding back to the Arctic now. Not expecting anything more than some rain and maybe some snow on the hills.

• Like 1

Posted

Some rain throughout the morning, but has stayed dry and cloudy this afternoon. A max temp today of 10.8°C, it's currently 10.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A bit of light rain earlier but otherwise it’s been a dull and cloudy day and not feeling very pleasant even if it is slightly milder than yesterday. 10.1°C 

As for looking for cold, I’ll wait until later in the year for that. I want warmth now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

35.2mm of rain since yesterday. What happened today? I didn't see any forecast showing rain all day?

High of 9.6°C. Currently 7.7°C.

Posted

Good news, apparently we're not heading for the freezer any more.. destination Bahamas!

Posted

Had a few light showers over the past hour but that’s it. Currently 7.2°C

Posted

Feeling warm in the sunny spells this morning, currently 11.7°C

Posted

Not a bad day, stayed dry with some sunny spells throughout the morning and early afternoon although a bit more cloud cover after that. A high of 13.9°C today, it is currently 8.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Not too bad today with sunny spells and feeling milder than the last few days although still had a cool breeze. Reached 13.3°C, currently 5.7°C

Posted

So here we are at the beginning of another school holiday and what do we have in store for the first day of Andy’s 2 weeks of outdoor work?

Drum roll!

Forecast for a wet Monday!

Losing track of how often this has happened in the 2 years I have only been working outside in school holidays.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Not a bad day here. Top temp of 14.7°C.

Could be some interesting shower activity next week - convergence zones developing under slack pressure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy but bright. Sunny intervals have just started.

10.0c. Humidity 72% Rh. 

1005 hPa. ENE Breeze 10 mph. 

Posted

Hazy sunshine here, doesn’t feel too bad but there’s still a cool breeze on hand. 13.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Hazy sunshine here.....feels lovely sitting in the suntrapped back garden.

Posted

Quite warm in the hazy sun when sheltered from the cool breeze. 12.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

To my non-professional eye it appear there’s been a lot of clear sky over this area since 10am - so I’m wondering if we might see the front pep up over the next hour or two around west Brighton / Portsmouth area

BC113F10-6CB7-400A-9602-92A62B0AFB3E.jpeg

Posted

Another good day, stayed pleasant with hazy sunshine for most of the morning and afternoon. It reached 16.6°C, it's currently 13.2°C and the sky looks quite dark to the south now.

Posted

Looking at the lightning map, there was a strike south of Warminster, anyone hear it?

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

On our hols and just missing out...

Screenshot_20190407-181349.thumb.png.133aff1da6e28b790870b67d645346cd.png

There's more activity further South, so hoping it might go bang when we pop out for some tea later. ?️

Posted
Just now, CheesepuffScott said:

Looking at the lightning map, there was a strike south of Warminster, anyone hear it?

I’d be surprised if there was considering there’s nothing on the radar anywhere near there. 

Posted
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

I’d be surprised if there was considering there’s nothing on the radar anywhere near there. 

Yes.. I just refreshed and it disappeared so I'm not sure what happened there. I wasn't going to take it for granted as the nearest activity is over Belgium!