Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

13 minutes ago, shotski said:

Yes it is in full swing, there’s  no disputing that now. In 30 years time our kids & grandchildren will be going out in radiation suits in mid summer. 

Top-of-the-range mankini 2050? image.thumb.png.36903f1753a384e9ba90e8aa41035e65.png

1 hour ago, mulzy said:

Stunning day and stunning period of weather.  Those that call this boring need their heads tested.  The flip side is the worry that AGW is indeed in full swing.

21.2C in Kew Gardens seems to be the record breaker so far...

If it’s not pi**ing with rain and a wheelie bin lid being blown open it’s boring apparently. 

Or so I’ve heard.... 

Another beautiful day to come tomorrow 

🌞

11 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Top-of-the-range mankini 2050? image.thumb.png.36903f1753a384e9ba90e8aa41035e65.png

I’ll have to trade mine in, those gama rays are gonna be strong 💪 

256A29B2-0759-4FF0-8924-CCDA35368946.jpeg

New UK February and UK winter record 21.2c 70F at Kew Gardens 3pm today

pablo (7).png

A max of 17.6C today on the coast - a couple of degrees cooler than yesterday's record (for here) of 19.1C

Wouldn't be crazy if the weather surprises all with a record breaking March Freeze ❄️

I don’t want this weather to go away, it makes you feel better, windows are open children outside playing, you can go out and not have to take jackets. What I struggle with is the fact that it’s just so cold in the mornings and then So hot in the day, I can’t remember such an increase in temperatures during a day. 

well with    this crazy  weather at  the  moment   looking  at fw   its saying  don't  put the winter  stuff away just  yet   !!

12 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

For once, I wish I was in the UK lol 😂 Quite cloudy and cool-ish, here in Prague. 

Looking at the latest GFS, a dramatic change in the weather from next week, much windier and wetter. I think @TomSE12’s instinct might be right, the latter stages of the run shows a potent northerly. 

Another gorgeous sunset here this evening.

C3B2C83E-D6E5-4DFB-9786-0C0C8DD933F6.jpeg

Hi SB,

Lovely view over Prague, there.

Up early again, and having viewed those Model runs that go out further into March, yes it does look like we're going to experience quite a drop in temperature, as March progresses.. Have seen it happen so many times before, at this time of the year. Sudden flips, between very mild Southerlies, alternating with much colder Northerly, sourced air. The weather can be very capricious, during the change from Winter to Spring!!

Who knows, those of us of the cold "loving persuasion", may even get to see the "s" word(ssshh!!), in the next few weeks.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Major moor fires overnight in February, frightening stuff. 

Woken up this morning to my work colleague ringing me saying he was woken up by his bed shaking in Horley.  Turns out they've had a decent earthquake during the night.

50 minutes ago, BeazleyBlizzard said:

Woken up this morning to my work colleague ringing me saying he was woken up by his bed shaking in Horley.  Turns out they've had a decent earthquake during the night.

Fracking hell!! 🙂

Yep definitely felt it here in Cobham around 3.45 house  creaked ....  Earthquake that is !

Edited by Badgers01

Beautiful satellite pic, much of Europe is basking in late winter sunshine. All change over the next few days as more ‘seasonal’ conditions move in, though the extended GFS doesn’t look as cold as it did yesterday, just unsettled. 

D0BF7023-C0FE-4A0D-8CDC-DC70FAA6FDC2.jpeg

Shorts for the dog walk , but even at 11am still ice and frozen ground in the shaded bits of Esher Common! 

4057AD5F-7963-4CD5-B77D-4EF0B8062317.jpeg

6C05DD48-A2FE-4915-8C6E-66306BD6A65B.jpeg

Back lawn mowed for the second time already this winter very mossy but going to leave it now for a week or two !! 

3FE15FBC-B97B-42DF-95A5-03A637C55A26.jpeg

13 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

I don’t want this weather to go away, it makes you feel better, windows are open children outside playing, you can go out and not have to take jackets. What I struggle with is the fact that it’s just so cold in the mornings and then So hot in the day, I can’t remember such an increase in temperatures during a day. 

It's inasne isn't it? Slight frost on the car in the morning, I can see my breath and have to have the heating on in the car. By lunchtime the sun is burning me through the window and I've got the aircon on in the car!

Only 16c here today....only!

A few weeks ago that sort of temperature would have been a very impressive mild temperature in it's own right, but now it feels a little plain!

52 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Back lawn mowed for the second time already this winter very mossy but going to leave it now for a week or two !! 

3FE15FBC-B97B-42DF-95A5-03A637C55A26.jpeg

Fabulous garden you got there mate. 

Trying to work out what the mysterious object under wraps is though. 😁 

4 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

Yep definitely felt it here in Cobham around 3.45 house  creaked ....  Earthquake that is !

That was the only earthquake in Europe in the last 24 hours would you believe, 3.3 magnitude, 10km depth, Dorking England. Quite strong for the UK.

37 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Fabulous garden you got there mate. 

Trying to work out what the mysterious object under wraps is though. 😁 

Cheers - it’s a swing seat !! 

4 minutes ago, snowray said:

That was the only earthquake in Europe in the last 24 hours would you believe, 3.3 magnitude, 10km depth, Dorking England. Quite strong for the UK.

It definitely was felt across Surrey !!