Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Just now, lassie23 said:

last summer scorched my melons

Funny as it did my cucumber the world of good. 

We could also do with a bit more rain 😉

6 minutes ago, shotski said:

Funny as it did my cucumber the world of good. 

Just the one? You must have had a huge one with all that heat? 

2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Ooops, sorry, I appear to have stumbled into the MAD thread by accident . 🙂

haha!...98% aren't bothered with warm synoptics and I'm not one to chuck the proverbial sindy doll out of the pram.

7 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

last summer scorched my melons

Hope you keep your melons to your own confides and not down the local allotments...otherwise there's going to be some jaws hitting the compost

Just had battered sausage 😜

very tasty. 

1 minute ago, shotski said:

Just had battered sausage 😜

very tasty. 

assault and battery lol

I'm back online, on a rented laptop...And it's 8.1C!:shok:

Just checked my accuweather app - what exactly is ‘a sprinkle’?! Never seen nor heard it before other than describing snow?!

4B5C2869-3FC5-42F2-8C81-440CAEFD05AE.png

Please folks, this thread is meant to be about discussing the weather and its impact here in the SE. A little bit of off-topic is fine, but recent posts are taking things too far. Can we get back on topic please.

Chat about your local weather and it's effect on your daily life here in the regional forums.

Thank you.

8c in Wimbledon now. 

Edited by Wimbledon88

31 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

8c in Wimbledon now. 

It's not as mild as predicted during the day, bbq canceled

7.2 digress, southwest wind. May get away with a t shirt today. 😒

The sun is now out

whispery clouds at 12:25 am

16 hours ago, Honey said:

Just checked my accuweather app - what exactly is ‘a sprinkle’?! Never seen nor heard it before other than describing snow?!

4B5C2869-3FC5-42F2-8C81-440CAEFD05AE.png

Looks like you could get a localised shower of these

Make-your-own-rainbow-sprinkles-with-coc

A gorgeous day here. The cloud has melted away, there's the gentlest of breezes and the temp is 13.7C in the sunshine. Looks like most in the Region enjoying similar, although the South Coast disappointingly still plagued by low cloud at 13.30.

47078007_Satellite21Feb.thumb.jpg.1a693d34ab6a6fcb6fa423178393ccfd.jpg

I've just given the back lawn a quick mow (to keep it short for the dogs) and spotted a cabbage white butterfly and a ladybird. So much for the forecasts of a cold February. 😄 But short moan aside, I have to say it was very pleasant being out in the warm sunshine earlier, so I'm sort of grateful as at least it's not cloudy, wet and windy.

16 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

A gorgeous day here. The cloud has melted away, there's the gentlest of breezes and the temp is 13.7C in the sunshine. Looks like most in the Region enjoying similar, although the South Coast disappointingly still plagued by low cloud at 13.30.

47078007_Satellite21Feb.thumb.jpg.1a693d34ab6a6fcb6fa423178393ccfd.jpg

I've just given the back lawn a quick mow (to keep it short for the dogs) and spotted a cabbage white butterfly and a ladybird. So much for the forecasts of a cold February. 😄 But short moan aside, I have to say it was very pleasant being out in the warm sunshine earlier, so I'm sort of grateful as at least it's not cloudy, wet and windy.

Similar thing here, Malcolm, but 'only' 13.3...Just been out shopping, and am now sweating buckets!:help:

Its a lovely sunny afternoon, a blue sky with wisps of white clouds streaking the sky.  The only minor irritation to these beautiful afternoon is a noisy low-flying helicopter.

Gorgeous day, blue skies and 15C. Easy to think spring has sprung but still a good few weeks left where winter could return.

Seems like a nice day out there, today. Still harbouring hopes of some late season snowfall. :whistling:

Had to curtail my afternoon nap. Have developed a nasty cold, that my Wife no doubt caught at the Residential Care Home, where she works.

Have hardly slept a wink in the last couple of days/nights, thanks to Phillip Phlegm. :oldangry:

image.png.c584a3f7408cc779b23023806007c9f6.png

My airwaves decided to perform an impromptu violin recital, this afternoon but it certainly was NO Stradivarius!!  :nonono: 

They could have been tuned in first.

So decided to sit up in bed and watch a bit of "The Miserables" with Colette. The "violin" stopped but crikey, those French are a depressing lot, aren't they!! Now need another course of counselling!! :help: Think I'd rather spend a couple of hours reading posts, in the Model Thread. :oldsmile:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12

Top of 10.5c on the south coast due to the southerly wind, didn’t feel spring like in the wind as other places have felt due to the cold English Channel waters... but in the sun away from the wind felt nice enough for the time of year 😁

So much for spring like temps, cloudy and above all, bloody freezing all day, hopefully it will liven up tomoz and the weekend

Nice day couldn't be weebled to mow the lawn though

On 20/02/2019 at 21:22, Blessed Weather said:

Please folks, this thread is meant to be about discussing the weather and its impact here in the SE. A little bit of off-topic is fine, but recent posts are taking things too far. Can we get back on topic please.

Chat about your local weather and it's effect on your daily life here in the regional forums.

Thank you.

Oh ok..... That's a shame.... The reason I like coming in to this forum, isn't just for the weather related comments but also for light hearted, down to earth, chat that people have on day to day basis...... Goats, melons, cucumbers and most importantly @TomSE12's life, history and weather....but more importantly the fact that people feel that they can talk about normal day to day things with other normal people..... Yes weather related maybe, but more often than not...... But at the end of the day if people just can't talk in whatever "forum" they've got friends they feel comfortable talking to then you may as well just delete the thread entirely........ This will almost certainly get deleted but hey hum...

2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Nice day couldn't be weebled to mow the lawn though

What is the perceived wisdom on cutting the grass in early spring when there might still be sharp frosts to come?