Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

This thick fog/drizzle mixture is relentless...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Another good dose of rain heading into the area just now, and windy too later. Lively weather at last. 

Always good to get lots of winter rain in this area, been a very dry winter so far.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Another good dose of rain heading into the area just now, and windy too later. Lively weather at last. 

Always good to get lots of winter rain in this area, been a very dry winter so far.

i will be able to see how good my fence fixing is with the coming gales

Wasn't expecting to come on to see a warning of wind and a storm kinda caught me off gaurd.. Been so busy at work!!! 

Tonight's storm viable on live surface pressure 

Screenshot_20190206-175447.thumb.png.4b2429f305292636ee4be63e53657670.png

Seems like quite a lively 4-5 days of weather.. 

Batten down the hatches! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lassie23 said:

i will be able to see how good my fence fixing is with the coming gales

Well at least the met office won't be able to sit on many fences after the next few days. 

ECM 12Z Is Now On It's Own Re The Easterly. Still a Long Way Off

anim_mrz4.gif

anim_gha1.gif

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, yamkin said:

anim_mrz4.gif

anim_gha1.gif

Not on it's own.. The Icon and GfsP also show blocking building to our East👍🏼

• Like 1

I just caught the main BBC weather this evening and missed the local South East one. Is it really going to be 60-70mph winds this evening ??

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yamkin said:

anim_mrz4.gif

anim_gha1.gif

I’m just going to leave this in here and pop out for supplies ❄️🙈⛄

CDBD895A-565D-4B15-B627-EBB4DB527912.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Well at least the met office won't be able to sit on many fences after the next few days. 

They have been glued to it all winter

59 minutes ago, Hurricane Debby said:

I just caught the main BBC weather this evening and missed the local South East one. Is it really going to be 60-70mph winds this evening ??

Not in our part of the world but south wales , south midlands and bristol area may gust to around 60-70mph+ in the small hours, the south east look like gusts around 50-60mph around 6am-10am in morning,its looking like a nasty little low,will catch a few out i rekcon

The Model runs may have been frustrating lately but I have some really heart warming news, from Northern Sweden!!

image.png.104170ab52d16a0df83d571fc758fd9b.png

Sammy Snowman, who had been swept away by that Sudden Sammy Warming, at the end of December, whilst on his way back to the Airport with his family, after their Xmas holiday in Lapland, fell harmlessly back to Earth without a bump and landed softly, on the deep snowfields, of Northern Sweden. Sammy had been stranded up in the Stratosphere, encased in ice.

image.png.3e2ff07359825f1267ee186d6a75c211.png

Thankfully, they didn't need the services of International Rescue and Thunderbird 3.

image.png.1e3ae6e2a38595d397efc03de9ba12b6.png

Fortunately, the family were able to extend their stay in Lapland due to the very healthy pension Dad Solomon, receives from the British Army, for his time served in the COLDstream Guards.

image.thumb.png.f583e5a0354a135690ff841dbc923852.png

The family will be making their way back to the U.K at the end of the weekend, coutesy of the S.A.S. NO, not them!!

image.png.7296223902b0094327b0cf412f50c19b.png

These!!

image.png.b4aa60aa01dc5b8403be64f87a56f8b6.png

The family are really hoping for one of these, as we enter the second half of February.

image.thumb.png.6b020e7451c7028b523913c7bd21680d.png

But should that not happen, Freddie Freezer will be on hand to give Sammy a safe refuge, until the weather becomes more palatable, to Sammy.

image.png.e9319308ac2afecfc5abdc609a189571.png

And if you're wondering, being this crazy :crazy:, keeps me sane!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 4

Looks like some parts of Bedfordshire are going to reach wind gusts of over 60mph tonight. 😅

ICON 18z looks menacing for south coast at T90 for wind.

• Sad 1

Tonight's wind is starting, nothing major yet, but it can be seen as a confirmation, tonights little system is forming.

Incredibly mild today-13.2 was the maximum and felt springlike in the sun mid morning before the clouds rolled in.bang on time rain arrived just gone 7(funny how forecast is always right when it comes to rain but always goes TU when snow is forecast😂) and a very unpleasant night out there now.

just dipped into mod thread and things seem more positive re a possible cold spell developing from late next week.ECM is teasing us again with a scandi high developing and just watched big joe bastardi daily update and whilst concentrating on US showed an analogue for MJO phase 8 for what he thinks will pan out and that looks encouraging although it looks like a Greeny high as opposed to Scandinavia high.Dont mind either😂😉

• Like 1

Wow, I've forgotten what the sun looks like, been stuck under misty foggy rain, since day before yesterday, getting a bit tedious now tbh.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zmstorm said:

Looks like some parts of Bedfordshire are going to reach wind gusts of over 60mph tonight. 😅

Twig rustler at best I'm sure!

2 minutes ago, James1979 said:

Twig rustler at best I'm sure!

I like a nice twig rustler on a damp evening. 😁 

It’s coming folks.... 

Model europhia and then melancholy in no particular order 

:cold::yahoo::girl_devil:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GFS OP 18Z Is Now Going For The Easterly Too

anim_ilg2.gif

anim_nji3.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

It’s coming folks.... 

Model europhia and then melancholy in no particular order 

:cold::yahoo::girl_devil:

And then complete fail for many areas yep!

Up early again, fought a loosing battle against the cacophony of noise, caused by the strong and gusty wind outside. Could hear flowerpots and recycling bins, being blown about., so decided to come downstairs.

Looks a stormy and unsettled spell of weather coming up, for our region. Another spell of very strong winds, Friday on into Saturday. 

Then that interesting spell of weather on Sunday.

Overnight Model runs, look to want to develop a Channel"runner". Shown as a more pronounced feature,

on the 00z Icon run for 7 AM, on Sunday.

image.thumb.png.5f234014c375aebf35b2d12f51b09f46.png

Although the Models seem to have lost their appetite for a possible rain > snow event, I still wouldn't rule out such a scenario, just yet. Still think some wintry ppn is possible, especially over high ground in our region before this feature, clears away. Certainly, something to keep an eye on!!

image.thumb.png.625d389088de9b1d13a0da41da3cc723.png

That feature, will certainly usher in something colder from the North, as Sunday wears on.

image.thumb.png.a477bb84959c9a7a3cc5eebd80d7e5e6.png

I understand the 18z GFS run, was quite something last night. Going on to show a full retrogression of positive heights to Greenland (as Ian Currie suggested might occur in March, to me the other night.) The 00z GFS run also shows this, after also "playing about" with Scandinavian height rises. "Cherry picking" of charts perhaps but quite a few Models have been showing this evolution over Scandinavia, lately.

image.thumb.png.7a149d9d236808d531f81ac2c82d7850.png

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

• Like 5

Windy, but relatively clear this morning in Hastings.