Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Snow to rain yesterday and rain to snow today. Turned about 6 and 10/12 cm now. If only it would have stayed all snow for two days could have had 30+cm but definitely not moaning ☺. Bluebell hill has been shut for hours partly open now. This is by me an hour ago @ Patterns lane/Walderslade road. Cars couldn't get out the dip, abandoned cars in middle of road lol. ❄😎

20190201_225301.thumb.jpg.5d52156ea8d94f8aca566401852fed93.jpg20190201_222017.thumb.jpg.cd5a9cbc9cf1c5f56a3186d8d83dc918.jpg20190201_225450.thumb.jpg.ad8157678e8e7e38c33233e2b0609ca0.jpg

Still snowing 😎

Calling it a night as it fizzles out to light snizzle. With no expectations this has been pretty good for me in bromley - let’s hope that unlike this morning I wake up and it hasn’t reduced to a slushy mess.

9 minutes ago, John Stevens said:

Sorry all....I should not have reacted in the way I did to a post just now. Today has been a thoroughly [email protected]&t day and I bit. It's not what I would normally do. I've enjoyed the last couple of days in here and I don't post regularly. I'm not "a horrible person", in fact I've spent be my evening helping various stranded cars/ drivers  on the steep road outside out house get home safely.

I hope everyone here has enjoyed the snow, and all your friends and family are safe

No need to apologise my man 

friendly thread us

south easterners 

dont worry bout it bruv

Sorry can’t get rid of that bloody pic

7A9896D0-7AC9-43FE-9F7A-E916D0873E02.jpeg

Edited by snowbob

Anyway there's no trying to apologise to some people so I may as well just show a pic of what they're missing out on 😂😂😂

F00DFC61-5313-49FD-85FF-1BB756116AC6.jpeg

Still snowing heavily here in the Surrey Hills... Good night all... Stay safe

Just now, John Stevens said:

Anyway there's no trying to apologise to some people so I may as well just show a pic of what they're missing out on 😂😂😂

Looks quality bruv

good fall tonight mate

1 minute ago, John Stevens said:

You lucky Git 😂

39 minutes ago, Nqp15hhu said:

Well the map that I have posted disputes this. I am not sure why you and him are getting offended over a comment about a location 100 odd miles away, but there we are.

As I said the other day, my personal experience is that Norwich only gets a few days of slushy snow each winter. And that is the way that the situation is playing out this winter.

Did you not notice the significant amount of snow in and around Norwich last year with the 'Beast from the East'? 

12 minutes ago, Bishy-Barney-Bee said:

Did you not notice the significant amount of snow in and around Norwich last year with the 'Beast from the East'? 

Yes, but that was rare, let’s be honest. 🙂

3C41E5FA-8E89-49E5-A7B2-30219D598772.jpeg

I apologise if I have offended anyone. I can’t help but give my opinions.

Edited by Nqp15hhu

22 minutes ago, snowbob said:

No need to apologise my man 

friendly thread us

south easterners 

dont worry bout it bruv

Sorry can’t get rid of that bloody pic

7A9896D0-7AC9-43FE-9F7A-E916D0873E02.jpeg

Thank you snowbob.... I've had some really nice chats on the occasions I do post... 

The way the snow is clinging to the trees tonight is amazing. It's a real shame that @carinthian left the forum. Whilst mainly a lurker and occasional poster I really enjoyed his pics of Austria...I also really enjoy @TomSE12 historical posts... As an historian myself I take a lot of time to digest them.

Anyway today wasn't the best of days... The bunnies did their snow dance last night but want even enough for a reprieve from the nut chop today.... Unfortunately one of them didn't get through the anesthetic and we only brought one bunny home this afternoon. Suffice to say one bunny, daughter (and mum and dad!) are slightly down tonight.... But the snow still looks amazing... The trees tonight... Hopefully these pics look good (the little bunny says hello!!).. And it's still tanking down in Holmbury St Mary😜

FCE31CC6-29D8-4CAC-81AC-4BC8643C6E27.jpeg

758D7E8D-8B12-4FA5-B8AC-1AD2B6169FD3.jpeg

3A2788A1-C425-45C4-90AC-165C06C8F5F0.jpeg

0F78A3D2-B768-42A2-9A58-841C61021FCE.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

You lucky Git 😂

Its a great bonus....a proper snow day tomorrow.... May you wake up to similar snow!!

8 hours ago, Mark said:

Interesting, you can see a rotation on the radar now, to the east of the IOW

Still nothing bit rain showers here. Not even trying to sleet.

Seriously, is that a third low spawned from this mess. Nothing but rain showers here still.

Edited by alexisj9

6 hours ago, John Stevens said:

Still tanking down here, that's 7 solid hours!! Looking very pretty!! As promised, following a thrilling rugby match, @DAVE ALLEN and @kold weather here's some pics. Taken ten mins ago.. This had significant built up since this afternoon when it was all melting

Ah, I am very happy the hills have had so much snow. Any other Saturday and I would be out there playing in it. This time I am off to Banff where they have a snow storm bringing 10-40cms! Will be interesting to see if we land in Calgary where scheduled to do so, or somewhere else in Canada instead. 

Yep not a sausage here in Tonbridge but the hills surrounding us look very white 

6 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

@snowrye he said it was absolutely awful, cars were sliding in to him and he tried to help a few people but said it was really bad, he got to Lamberhurst roundabout and came home. It took him 3 and a half hours.

I was heading home to Tenterden from Tunbridge Wells. I’d taken my boys to their Nana’s and they wanted to play in the snow. We got as far as the Blue Boy roundabout and turned back. It was bedlam. Heavy, thick snow, snails pace driving back towards the ex’s as there was no way I was going through the lanes with three kids and risking getting stuck. Got down to Tonbridge where there was nothing. Mad!!

2 hours ago, FlightlessWings said:

Ah, I am very happy the hills have had so much snow. Any other Saturday and I would be out there playing in it. This time I am off to Banff where they have a snow storm bringing 10-40cms! Will be interesting to see if we land in Calgary where scheduled to do so, or somewhere else in Canada instead. 

Have a great time!!

17 minutes ago, warrenb said:

Yep, not even a sprinkle down here in the valley

It was unbelievable how much was up there compared to Tonbridge 

Can hear significant melt here and several roads still closed due to fallen trees. What a night!

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Can hear significant melt here and several roads still closed due to fallen trees. What a night!

fallen trees😨