Please share your photos from the long weekend to our Easter weekend 2019 photo gallery!

Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

slow thaw starting here in Wokingham , don’t think we will see anymore snow so it’s on to the next event fingers crossed before winter is out .

Usually we do so well for snow due to elevation and location right on the very outside edge of the North Downs - not last night! I went to bed around 10.30 having watched the lovely yellow blob losing some of its intensity as it pivoted toward me. I woke up a few times in the night and forced myself not to get out of bed and look out the window! Clearly we did have some snow overnight, but it had already started melting by 7am and really wasn't anything to write home about. Another heavy snow snower on my way to work on the A21, just before junction 4 of the M25 but was falling as sleety rain on the M25 itself. 

Still hopeful that Feb might bring us a nice Easterly which seems to be better for my location. Very happy for those who had a decent amount overnight, have loved seeing the photos so far. Enjoy! 

Edited by EWS
  • Like 2

In the last hour the Me to have upgraded here to double snowflakes at 10 am and 11am. Is that precip on the radar going to start dropping SE?

Screenshot_20190201-091619_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190201-094046_Chrome.jpg

This time 10 years ago, I was about to witness the thickest snow I have seen in my 32 years of life. All hail the Thames Streamer. Where are you? 😭

• Like 1

Morning all! Managed a quick walk before "my snow" melts away. It has been raining....

First time trying to add photos... hope it works!!  They're not that wonderful either but hey ho I've tried!

GEDC0615.JPG

GEDC0609.JPG

• Like 3

UK Jackpot zone seems to have been over towards the Chilterns through to the Cotswolds, Wessex Downs & Mendips. Many reports of >7"+ (17-18cm) from that way.

Suspect somewhere that way with elevation has topped 20cm. Not a bad return in about 12 hours.

Edited by Southender
  • Like 1

Radar showing snow coming west across London. Anyone in Central can confirm?

What an awful start to the morning, even though  I knew we were in for a big chance of rain after the snow it was still a shock to wake up to find torrential rain which still hasn’t stopped. I don’t mind seeing the rain, we haven’t had rain for some time but it does sting to know that my garden was covered in thick snow last night and now it’s all gone. It’s so overcast here it’s making it very dark.

I’m not sure what the rest of winter holds and there are always chances of more snow (look at last year). The weather will do what it wants how much we try to bend it to our will 😁 I do love snow and get very excited to see it but at the same time I’m quite ready for some warmth. I like seeing he sun, opening up my french doors and sitting out in the garden till late. 

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing al your lovely snowy photos from the northwest and west of London, keep them coming, can't say I'm at all jealous! 

Currently got sleet falling and a few snowflakes mixed here near Croydon, will dissolve what's left of the patchy melting snow on grass and pavements from overnight, we did have almost 2cm at one point in the night.

Give me a deep cold easterly any day over this marginal rubbish, just want the snow to stick around after dawn so the kids can at least make a snowman.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

Radar showing snow coming west across London. Anyone in Central can confirm?

It's heavy sleet with a few wet snow flakes mixed in here in Croydon

• Like 1

Glad to see some have seen snowfall. Absolutely nothing here as expected and still awaiting my first snowflake this winter.

Hoping I may see some via showers later but mindful it could be marginal here due to the flow coming from the NE.

• Like 1

I'd rather the sun came out, least I could get some nice pictures then

11 hours ago, Smiler1709 said:

Raining now in Wimbledon. 

Still only 1.6c.

Dull and miserable. 

1 minute ago, Nick F said:

Thanks Nick. I'm guessing it's heading towards me then! 

1 minute ago, Nick F said:

What's is doing pushing up into London from the south east to the north west, thought the front was supposed to come back over London 

1 minute ago, Swave Snow said:

What's is doing pushing up into London from the south east to the north west, thought the front was supposed to come back over London 

Chance later this evening the London area could see snow return as the front clears SE. The 06Z GFS seems to intensify the precip once again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A dullish and breezy 3.5C around here; so any showers, that do occur, will probably contain a godawful mixture of rain, ice-pellets, graupel and sleet...

Well tf the government are on hand to help us clear the 1cm of snow. I was getting worried! 

Screenshot_20190201-095912.png

• Haha 2

1.8c and 1c dp at present but no precipitation.  Just a slow thaw. 

13 hours ago, bluebell said:

Ditto, our council tax doesn’t include street lighting in my village either! I drove through a Ninfield yesterday, I noticed your local is now calling itself a gastro pub, is it any good?!! 

Sorry Bluebell must of missed your reply last night This thread was moving so fast it was hard to keep up and I popped out for a bit! I haven't been in my local for ages so I don't know if it's any good or not. It used to be ok!

• Thanks 1

Chaos here this morning with thousands of children off school, here's one of the scenes down the local park. As you can see the snow was fairly deep!

download.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Swave Snow said:

According to the models and current surface obs analysis, there's a low just south of Sussex, so still a push towards the NW of heavy showers over London from Kent around the top of this circulation, but the low will gradually slip south this afternoon taking the showers with it, while the occlusion over the N and W of our region bringing the persistent snow weakens and slides south too.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

What an awful start to the morning, even though  I knew we were in for a big chance of rain after the snow it was still a shock to wake up to find torrential rain which still hasn’t stopped. I don’t mind seeing the rain, we haven’t had rain for some time but it does sting to know that my garden was covered in thick snow last night and now it’s all gone. It’s so overcast here it’s making it very dark.

I’m not sure what the rest of winter holds and there are always chances of more snow (look at last year). The weather will do what it wants how much we try to bend it to our will 😁 I do love snow and get very excited to see it but at the same time I’m quite ready for some warmth. I like seeing he sun, opening up my french doors and sitting out in the garden till late. 

It's coming up from the sw in this corner. Can't wait till we are in the centre of this low. At least it will be dry for a bit. Unless it fills of course.

Temp has been hovering just below 1c for the last 3 hours. Dew point is 1. Still a patchy covering of slushy snow around.