Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Well absolutely sod all on the ground here. Bring on a decent Easterly, what a rubbish winter this really has been so far

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Well that was another bust for Essex! Woke up so the slightest of slight slush deposits on cars only and now it’s pouring with rain 😡

Drove from Maldon to Basildon without seeing anything other than rain with a few flakes mixed in. Unless it’s an easterly it’s just a complete waste of time 😢

This winter promised so much but has been an utter disappointment. Spring & Summer now please!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9-11cm dependant On where it’s measured here in tilehurst Reading 

• Like 1

Well I've changed my Signature, what a complete failure all round for the south east ( Kent )

Edited by Neilsouth
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

Although its been a disappointing week for many (probably because my expectations were too high). If you'd told me a few weeks ago I'd have 4 days of snow cover in a row I'd have taken that. Granted its snow cover of an inch or less but better than all winter (I'm trying to be positive lol)

Ha ha! Rates in top ten snowfalls over past twenty years here! May not have had extreme cold for days on end, but in terms of snow cover today is only behind Feb/Mar 2018, Dec 2010 and Dec/Jan 09/10 this century.

• Like 2

I was happy with the amount in Brighton. For a moment there it was full on and very nostalgic. Orange skies and heavy snow against the lamppost. 

• Like 3

My guess would be 2cm here so pretty much spot on predictions but just happy to see everything white. Off for a walk then really I should get back to work instead of looking at models. 

Just now, WhiteFox said:

Ha ha! Rates in top ten snowfalls over past twenty years here! May not have had extreme cold for days on end, but in terms of snow cover today is only behind Feb/Mar 2018, Dec 2010 and Dec/Jan 09/10 this century.

this was def in the sweet spot. amazing how much came down after i went to bed at 2am. 

wokingham - rg41

Definitely more snow in Walderslade than in Sidcup. Seems like there was a weird gap between the South coast and North London.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, snowbob said:

What do people think about showers being blown in from a northerly direction tonight

worth watching 

or pants

There will be. All rain though. 

Very heavy rain/hail shower in Hastings! Torrential!

Meto still has me (Ashtead Surrey) down for heavy snow between now and midday but looking at the radar I cannot see where that's going to come from?! Temp 1.4c and trending up, 93% humidity x

Beautiful scenes in Harrow on the Hill. About 7-8cm in places. Currently snizzling 

15490101981933650470329508339604.jpg

• Like 1

So onto the next chase! 

Pouring with rain in Tonbridge now.

Awoken to some sleet and mush. Think I would have taken yesterdays -6 freezing fog over that but anyway! 

Just wasn't the right set up yesterday - and the front was not significant/potent enough. 

Of better interest are the showers/convective activity prospects for the next 24 hours - as the radar currently shows around Newcastle. Get in the firing line of these and they would easily out do yesterdays damp squib and provide a nice 2-3 inches. Hoping a 'Wash Streamer' sets up later...will have to wait and see. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

That's amazing to think so many people disappointed in one part of the region whilst others get a great dumping - I'm jealous - be sure to upload lots of pics so us bitter ones can enjoy 

Met Office have heavy snow over me until 11am, I'm not seeing it any where on radar or charts! Pah!

46 minutes ago, pureasthedriven said:

Meagre would be an understatement. And a south of the M4 event, my *rse! Just goes to confirm that by and large for me here on the Surrey/Sussex border, Pm routes to cold are typically garbage unless decent blocking to the North East/East and embedded cold are in situ. All this modified nonsense, flows off the channel, less warm sectors, shearing fronts etc yada yada. No good. Take me back to Feb 86; or Jan 87. Or Feb 91. Or Feb 09. Hell, even March 2018. Give me a bloody easterly! 

I take it you’re not happy ! 

The issue for the far se was the less cold sector , areas further west avoided that . There was never the depth of cold for it to be non marginal especially towards areas with an onshore flow.

• Like 1

Snowing here, settling on the pavements, nice to look at, but nothing of note

Who would win?......An Aggressive Atlantic Low full of snow, sleet, rain and death or Thanet's stubborn microclimate?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Definitely more snow in Walderslade than in Sidcup. Seems like there was a weird gap between the South coast and North London.

I swear Walderslade and Lordswood have their own micro climate - I grew up in Lordswood during the 80's and 90's. Some amazing snowfalls there whilst down the road had half.

Can these regional threads not attach a warning sign to ignore weather apps as they’re garbage .

• Like 2