SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

1407623459_oldsnow.thumb.jpg.c2bd97976235bcda949495bf8f0329c4.jpg

Well waking up and looking outside to see it raining, what little snow we had is long gone.  I think the last time it snowed properly in Eastbourne was when i took this photo  ?
Enjoy yourselves the lucky ones out there!

Have to say I am disappointed getting an inch or 2 of snow last night was the best for a few years but to have it already melting is very disappointing. All I can hope is we get a slim chance of an easterly before mid month other wise it's game over for decent snow lasting in the day 

39 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Well I caught the tail end of that streamer that has caused the Amber warning so got some more snow than I expected. However looks like Reading area really copped it last night. Guildford area must have done well as well 

Yes, did alright in the end. Decent covering and it's snowing again now. Definitely looks like the last of it now. Time to see if we'll be doing the school run now!

Well that disappeared quickly, definitely a few cms when I finally went to bed at 1am, now all gone. Looks, again, west of London (Berkshire / Bucks) doing well again and under an amber warning for this morning for further snow.

• Like 2

Euro4 midday 850/1000 thicknesses

if you’re in the greens then you will have melting of any snow 

The palest blue shoud be ok, have minimal melt and whatever falls from the sky be white. That pale blue line pulls back se as the day progresses and the decaying occlusion heads back se (Hirlam and ec are a little less kind re dp’s Which edge that arc positive a bit further nw )

0BA7ADF8-EBD1-4882-894B-2862F395D3D3.thumb.jpeg.3ab988997a3aee4cd9657a089a36862d.jpeg

Edited by bluearmy
  • Like 4

Below, is the result of a pretty pathetic attempt at some frontal snow last night, here in Lee, S.E.London.

1) image.thumb.png.15ec8d6996b3b25ee7ab34b8d13c8d18.png  2) image.thumb.png.8de8f7753dd385f217cdeec1b6843b08.png  3)image.thumb.png.ef0ab9c343cf2aa14cefefd262fbe52a.png

1) A partial dusting in our close.

2) A  dusting on my Stepson's van.

3) A dusting on our neighbour's car.

Majority of the time find frontal snow can be marginal, in this area.

Really hoping that the "Murr Scandinavian Sausage" scenario, comes to fruition.

The "Thames Streamer" is King in this location.

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 1

Another disappointment in the Tonbridge area.

But, we were really lucky last year during the Beast from the East being in the line of numerous heavy frequent snow showers and ended up with about 6 inches of beautiful powder snow.

Glad to see some area's got a good covering.

• Like 2

Seems that school is off; snow day!

Currently 0.3 dp of -1. Snowing. 

Depth in back garden.: 7cm as measured from back door without actually venturing into garden yet, so possibly sheltered by house.

IMG_20190201_070313_HHT.jpg

Edited by WhiteFox
Pic
  • Like 2

Met office have heavy snow forecast all morning here, updated at 4.19 this morning, needless to say nothing falling from the sky! Lol really hoping for a full on snow event at some point this winter

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Euro4 midday 850/1000 thicknesses

if you’re in the greens then you will have melting of any snow 

The palest blue shoud be ok, have minimal melt and whatever falls from the sky be white. That pale blue line pulls back se as the day progresses and the decaying occlusion heads back se (Hirlam and ec are a little less kind re dp’s Which edge that arc positive a bit further nw )

0BA7ADF8-EBD1-4882-894B-2862F395D3D3.thumb.jpeg.3ab988997a3aee4cd9657a089a36862d.jpeg

I'm in the blue zone. Trouble is I'm also in a dry slot. The front is just to the north west of me and the brighter echos coming up from the south east are dying as they hit the coast. Hoping for a little bit as the front moves south east.