Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

1 minute ago, Jemma Croton said:

For real? AWESOME

Yep Swindon was the Jackpot zone, but it also has widely 5cm across a lot of Kent, Surrey, Sussex,Hampshire London areas as well

We shall see

Edited by Paul Sherman
  • Like 2
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

A few 20cm figures South of the M4 around the Swindon area, and also some 20cm obviously in Wales, Cotswolds, Salisbury Plain etc

The Berkshire downs and into Wiltshire always do quite well out of these situations. Some great sledging hills round there too!

2 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

the post you replied to mentioned thundersnow near the coasts ……..that's why i asked - you seemed to be excited at  the prospect of seeing it!

Yes - I get excited if somewhere like London will get thundersnow tomorrow because if it's nighttime you will be able to see the cumulonimbus potentially holding the thundersnow from my bedroom window. Last year (March 2018) I saw the little flickers of lightning in the cloud when the storm was Margate!

4 minutes ago, Tony Cassidy said:

So even though the radar returns looks like it should be snowain’t in Sussex, there doesn’t appear to be much at all? That’s disappointing, here in Crawley it’s dry with no snow falling.

Snowing in hildenboro and thats startling in its self.. Tonbrige is to the south east as furnace creek is to death valley ?

Edited by TN9
  • Like 2
Just now, zmstorm said:

Yes - I get excited if somewhere like London will get thundersnow tomorrow because if it's nighttime you will be able to see the cumulonimbus potentially holding the thundersnow from my bedroom window. Last year (March 2018) I saw the little flickers of lightning in the cloud when the storm was Margate!

the point is that i wouldn't get excited - there wont be any

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

There is a growing band of them that preach the Mild, Not for me too say but maybe they are nudged in that direction for Joe Publics sake, gone are the days of proper forecasts and forecasters who told it how it was in the 80's and 90's

Sad Times

Bring back John Kettley - massive cold ramper

Edited by Stu_London

Just saw this on TWO

" Amber may be modified shortly, removing W Country but extending east to SE areas. The small wave low now running along the Cherbourg Pennisula coast will enhance ppn and push it into Sussex/Kent from 9pm. Larger totals likely here than previously modelled.
You can see this process happening in the radar loop. "

It's looking a lot less likely for further west, those expecting 10-20cm or so more especially

• Like 9

Temp 1.0, dp -2. Currently dry, but can see cloud base lowering. Can also see planes stacked for approach to Heathrow (often pass over here when wind is of an easterly orientation), so suggests cloudbase is still that bit higher to the north.

Three Mile Cross.

First band looks like it was the sacrifice band to moisten the atmosphere at lower levels. Next band should have no such issue and will give the goods. For those who have had snow from the first band, that's good and will certainly help!

Looks like main action starts from 9-11pm in this region.

• Like 4