Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Nothing to report yet from Hailsham.

For what it’s worth feels a lot colder than Tuesday night.

2 minutes ago, WhiteFox said:

No snow here in Three Mile Cross. The netweather radar has an issue: it's been showing some non-existent PPN ahead of the main front for quite a while.

Same here. Good job we have snacks for our snow/lamp post watch duties. 😊

(Fleet) 

1 minute ago, Buzzit said:

He is still being very tight on the accumulations.. always anti counting past 10cm

Yes and the sad thing is I have a friend who can get the data from UKV charts etc which he has licence too as well and that is painting a daunting picture for some locations that would blow his 5cm out of the water. Not in my neck of the woods though unfortunately, and areas with elevation obviously

Seems to be a few snowgrains in the wind right now in Hastings...

3 hours ago, bluearmy said:

are you in a south coastal area ????

I'm in Bedfordshire, around 2 hours from the nearest coast.

Edited by zmstorm

Interesting that in Bedford there is very light snow blowing around. Can see in my garden floodlight. I think we are too far north though for any main snow? 

Temps steadily dropping here in Holmbury St Mary at 184asl, that's my height, the village is about another 60m lower.

4093C873-596A-4249-B9C5-C91500B04EBB.jpeg

Edited by John Stevens
Added detail

3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

define snow !

yes it will snow …………...how much will fall or settle is completely unknown ….. somewhere between a dusting and 5 cms

Its that white stuff that falls out the sky (albeit rarely these days so you could be forgiven for forgetting the definition!)  :oldlaugh:

Anyone know why London & SE is listed as Amber on the warnings page but still yellow on the map??

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Yes and the sad thing is I have a friend who can get the data from UKV charts etc which he has licence too as well and that is painting a daunting picture for some locations that would blow his 5cm out of the water. Not in my neck of the woods though unfortunately, and areas with elevation obviously

Oh you snow tease...

Will it be one of those occasions where heavier precipitation showing on the radar never actually reaches us?

Stall or fizzle!

Edited by snowblizzard

3 minutes ago, Gazza said:

Back in the 80s Thanet had regular snowfalls. For the last 25 or so years the temps are almost always the wrong side of marginal

fair enough, I lived in maidstone then and we always got some snow

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Oh, any headline figures Paul, like jackpot amounts, etc?

Just now, Ben Blizzard said:

Anyone know why London & SE is listed as Amber on the warnings page but still yellow on the map??

Because the amber warning goes slightly into the London & SE area, but its a separate warning.

Looks as if the front is decaying on it's western flank, or radar error?

2 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Seems to be a few snowgrains in the wind right now in Hastings...

Good evening Lightning Lover ! What's your predictions for down here ?

Evening all,

Although being a complete snow lover, I was hoping for a bit of a non event from a purely personal point of view as I have to get up at 5am to drive to Gatwick from Southend.  So if my travel is to be disrupted, it better disrupt big time to make it worth me not making back home this weekend...

So errr....  bring on the snow 🙂

Cheers

FC

2 minutes ago, zmstorm said:

I'm in Bedfordshire, around 2 hours from the nearest coast.

the post you replied to mentioned thundersnow near the coasts ……..that's why i asked - you seemed to be excited at  the prospect of seeing it!

Wind and pressure from latest observations looking peachy

p1548959904.gif

3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Where is that for Paul?

2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Oh, any headline figures Paul, like jackpot amounts, etc?

A few 20cm figures South of the M4 around the Swindon area, and also some 20cm obviously in Wales, Cotswolds, Salisbury Plain etc

Euro4 looks ok for Kent as well as others, at least for a few hours, looks a bit marginal later on.

image.thumb.png.4b9dd7b1d2b81ef75ffb728de65be6ae.png

image.thumb.png.409a48e886226dca21b5461a4b307236.png

So even though the radar returns looks like it should be snowain’t in Sussex, there doesn’t appear to be much at all? That’s disappointing, here in Crawley it’s dry with no snow falling.