SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I think our time is still to come in east essex,the latest gfs shows snow only just leaving the coast around 6am in the morning so looking like the band may slow down in a few hours leaving more time for lower dew points and colder 850 temps....2.5C dp1.2C here in clacton,essex

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

It's been fun watching from the west of the region for a change. A few sleety flakes still going past the Travelodge lamppost.

It wasn't great here, but sounds like some have had something worth seeing.

Now just looking forward to the pain of Thursday's watch... ?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Snowman. said:

Love that rain over Essex. I'm putting my efforts onto that easterly chase for Feb which will just end in tears.

It would turn to snow an hour after that so wouldn’t worry

8 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Pink to the left of me

Green to the right

Here I am

Stuck in the middle with blue

Screenshot_20190129-214724.png

Allegedly it’s been snowing here for the last how many hours ha! Best I’ve had is a wintry mix. It’s cold enough for snow the dew point is OK baffled.. Maybe something to do with warm estuary and hot city air. ?

It is going to be lethal with ice tomorrow..

Still light snow, albeit more sleety now. The dusting is starting to melt, don't expect any traces tomorrow.

Wrt Thursday, looking good for 2-5cm based on ICON and GFS 

Edited by Mark Bayley