Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Sleety snow last few mins in Gravesend pretty heavy too

Wet snow now. Temp drop couple of degrees in a few minutes

Pah radar says my postcode shpuld be under snow i promise u it isnt 

6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Really is interesting the areas North of the Estuary with that wedge of warmer dewpoints and solid rain, the colder undercutting has no doubt gone through with the reports of snow now South of the Thames further East into Kent. 

Here is hoping Thursday's does not suffer the same fate North of the warmer Estuary. Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

I’m 15 miles north of Chelmsford and it’s stil all rain here.

Feeling a bit left out, I can't even complain that it's raining 😏, very still and doesn't feel that cold 2.0c

Planet Thanet

Now at 0.0c - smaller flakes but still coming down

Snowing and settling on cars and grass here near Croydon

It is now snowing in Tunbridge Wells, settling on grass and cars at the moment.

Temperature is, at last, dropping, having been stuck at about 2.5c for around 6 hours. Now dropping quite fast and currently showing 1.2c, with a dewpoint of 0.3c.at 21.35hrs.

MM

I think until the event is over and we look at what has caused this wedge of land to not see anything but heavy rain versus snow we just cant say. Could be a number of things, onshore flow, rate of precip, dont know at this stage

3C with steady and persistent drizzle...Well worth the wait!😂

Probably all of 1cm

3AB6BDD5-DA8D-44FA-A5EC-BF8CC173A08B.jpeg

...It can't stay as rain tonight in Hastings, surely...? R-right? please...

Light snow continues in East Herts/West Essex here. A covering across cars and grass. 

Hopefully Essex will get more time under the snow when it eventually passes through, also on the BBC graphics they keep showing a short pulse of snow over eastern east Anglia in the morning?

Might get some very back edge snow later but very disappointing in Essex tonight. Heavy rain all the way and now the heaviest stuff on the radar is passing... Think I might just call it quits and sleep until Thursday!

Just fwiw I've done a rough estimate based on the UKMO precip charts for my location, which comes out around 7cms (I've accounted that the front edge and back edge probably be marginal, maybe even the wrong side). If its not too marginal, that figures goes upto 10cms.

Evening everyone from South Ockendon where I’m pretty sure there are snowflakes coming down in the rain! It looks sleety to me! I have a lamp post directly outside my bedroom window! 

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

I think until the event is over and we look at what has caused this wedge of land to not see anything but heavy rain versus snow we just cant say. Could be a number of things, onshore flow, rate of precip, dont know at this stage

Just makes it more interesting, way way above my head though!