SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best of luck to the SE gang tonight ?

Evening All, I hope other Members have no objection but just wanted to post up a Wintry Slideshow, for our Kentish Members. But I hope all Members will enjoy these very Wintry photos, from around

Best of luck yo you guys and girls in the South. Don't give up hope if it starts as rain. It rained here for about 2 hours now it's heavy snow. You should be good for a few cms also as it's very heavy

Posted Images

evening all,

Well that was an interesting drive back from Basingstoke to Southend, started off at 3 degrees and wet snow, by the time I reached Fleet services it was 5 degrees and rain, pulled off for fuel, by the time I was back on the M3 it was 3 degrees and wet snow. At the M25 it was back up to 5 and rain, because of congestion on the M25 pulled off a Cobham services for food, by the time I rejoined the motorway, you guessed it, wet snow again until the M23, then rain all the rest of the way back to Southend. I was doing my best to pull the snow eastwards, but I am not sure if it will make it.

FC

• Like 2

18z ICON is very snowy for most in this region. However does start as rain for those within 20-30 mils of the coast, especially in Hampshire and W.Sussex, but due to the heavier precipitation it all turns to snow pretty much upto the coast.

18z ICON is about 2hrs faster as well, which is why it is more marginal for the south coast region. Broadly 5-10cms on this run, would have been more for Hampshire had the front come 2hrs later...

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Won’t be an epic fall by any stretch of the imagination but every thing getting a dusting now

bodes well for thurs if se were forecast to be marginal

although my location prob helps 

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 2

Looking at the radar looks as though this is moving through very slow 

so if it’s snowing now 

you probably will continue to see snow for a few hours yet

just wish it was heavier

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

As promised @markwheeler some pics from the dog walk in Surbiton. Our snow is definitely of the smaller wet flakes variety now, almost rain at times. Ah well, got to see some flakes ☃️fall

IMG_20190129_210634.jpg

Still snowing here but no more accumulation and a slight Thaw , nice to see though none the less .

• Like 2

Really is interesting the areas North of the Estuary with that wedge of warmer dewpoints and solid rain, the colder undercutting has no doubt gone through with the reports of snow now South of the Thames further East into Kent. 

Here is hoping Thursday's does not suffer the same fate North of the warmer Estuary. Am surprised about Chelmsford still having rain though as thats fully 14 miles NW of the Estuary

• Like 6