Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I'm going to look really odd walking about later with a canoe and paddle in one hand and a sledge in the other....I just like to be prepared for everything

1 minute ago, FetchCB said:

windchill to -48c..frostbite in 5 mins to exposed skin

our wind chill was plus 1 the other day lol

Just to add I think its a good thing we have no PPN over us at the moment

I want that front as slow as possible to allow for the surface temps to drop early eve...

Just now, Steve Murr said:

I want that front as slow as possible to allow for the surface temps to drop early eve...

Indeed Steve, I was hoping after 9pm like the initial meto thoughts but it looks earlier now, can see it being one hell of a mess.....Buckmore Park tonight?

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I think you’re probably in a good spot Steve .... 

2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Indeed Steve, I was hoping after 9pm like the initial meto thoughts but it looks earlier now, can see it being one hell of a mess.....Buckmore Park tonight?

Ha no karting tonight

Just window watching!

6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

I will be in here from 530

expecting 2-4cm across the piste

maybe 5 here due to height...

X

Ok babes x

Grass slowly turning less green now, defo getting heavier.

Screenshot_20190129-123846_AccuWeather.jpg

20190129_123627.jpg

Sorry wrong thread.

Edited by geordiekev

Just now, bluearmy said:

I think you’re probably in a good spot Steve .... 

Ive havent looked at the 06s been busy

Whats my target max for 150M -8cm?

Going by what folks, elsewhere, are reporting, we can expect snowflakes as big as basketballs?:crazy:

here on the south coast the now cast says..... its raining. boo hoo

+6C , DP +3C 

great

Edited by fluid dynamic

The rain coming off the channel has reached here---3.6C

13 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

I'm going to look really odd walking about later with a canoe and paddle in one hand and a sledge in the other....I just like to be prepared for everything

I give you the sledge boat.

boat.jpg

Edited by Chris101

Southerly fetch ahead of the front moving in from the west edging temps up to 4-6C

w1548763717.thumb.gif.0367d3d27b9442db6940710e3ee1cb99.gif

However, it's the cold air undercut of the front from the W/NW that brings the potential for rain to turn to snow, we need this undercut to come in pretty quickly to have chance of much in the way of back-edge snow other than a few flakes before the precipitation clears.

T850s.thumb.png.4b25324969d7709a1dd2a079a1e41c3b.png

The GFS chart below overlays dew point with precipitation, the 0C line critical for snow to fall does dissect precip band halfway through, so still think there is chance for some back edge snow, but would hope for it be heavy to settle on wet ground after the preceding rain. 

slpdewp.thumb.png.cded76ed5f434374ca6c11ddeed8bfaf.png

Gonna be touch and go for accumulations away from higher ground, but we'll have to wait and see.

Not expecting much at all personally here, I am near enough at 100m but will probably be a wintry mix, snow in the heavier stuff but probably sleety stuff in the lighter. Pure snow line thus far over the west seems to be about 150m. We will have a slight advantage given the time of day the frontal system is arriving at. Going to probably come down to luck of the draw with regards to where the heaviest returns along the front will be and thus accumulating snowfall.

Edited by kold weather

I think if that keeps building before it gets to the south and we only get the rain that's green on the radar  before the snow we could end up of 2-3 inches again if stays on us for abit through the night!

Yes - rain started here about 30 mins ago. Temp is currently 5.3c but is starting to drop quite quickly. Barometer at 997.7 and still falling quickly.

7 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Going by what folks, elsewhere, are reporting, we can expect snowflakes as big as basketballs?:crazy:

PastelEnchantingCottontail-max-1mb.gif

Don't understand the negativity. The front will be over us for 4 or 5 hours near midnight, that is plenty of time for evaporative cooling to take hold.

Worth also noting most will see rain for the start, as there is some precipitation in front of the cold front which will likely edge into the west of our area from 4pm onwards. Snow will be on the cold front trailing that little area of precipitation.

when it comes from the west always seems to build a lot before it gets to the south anyways so we could get the real heavy stuff !

Edited by IPredictASnowStorm