Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

26 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

Im sorry to sound negative about all this but allthough friday looks amazing for most people, once again thanet is not included in that chart, what will it take !!

Let's hope something develops...because there hasn't been an exciting day in Thanet since the Blitz.

Control run actually puts the low further south come Sunday meaning we are very much in the picture as long as it doesn't change too much!

There are some legitimate Channel low set-ups on a couple of those GFS runs, with some very tight gradients (5-6C within 30 miles). Control run is also better for our region for sure.

Long to go yet though everyone, a REALLY long way!

1 minute ago, kold weather said:

There are some legitimate Channel low set-ups on a couple of those GFS runs, with some very tight gradients (5-6C within 30 miles). Control run is also better for our region for sure.

Long to go yet though everyone, a REALLY long way!

How long I can't take it!!!😂

16 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Control run going for a snow event Tuesday too??

Yes in fact we have quite a few snow chances next week, the ensemble mean stays in the -5/-7c range from Sunday onwards, thats really good going, and theres good agreement too.:oldsmile:

graphe_ens3.gif

Edited by snowray

Feels terribly cold in that sleet shame about shallow warm layer not a problem further east with snow to sea level in Isle of Sheppey. 

21 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes in fact we have quite a few snow chances next week, the ensemble mean stays in the -5/-7c range from Sunday onwards, thats really good going, and theres good agreement too.

graphe_ens3.gif

Nervous and exciting times ahead I feel!!

Line of light showers buiding back slightly onto the Suffolk coast, the odd flurry of icy stuff in the air.

Temp around 1c, dp -0.3c

23 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Feels terribly cold in that sleet shame about shallow warm layer not a problem further east with snow to sea level in Isle of Sheppey. 

Yes nice surprise its now turned to light drizzle now but it was nice while it lasted hopefully better to come later next week. 

52 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

A few light snow flurries in new ash green this morning has given way to lighter drizzle...

I will be back in the regionals from late sat !

Hi Steve,

(I hope there's no Vegans reading this🤣)

I was just in your neck of the woods, theres still some patches of snow clinging on for dear life.

I was delivering some🐟🐚 to a local pub in the pic perhaps we could organise a Netweather SE/EA get together at your local. I'm free Sat eve& Sundays😃

20190124_114646.jpg

20190124_114449.jpg

20190124_114844.jpg

20190124_114838.jpg

I'd take the cockles Kentspur, but not so keen on the jellied eels! Though my Dad being a proper born and bred E.Londoner is always game for some (I mean, technically I am since I was born in Newham, but realistically I'm an Essex lad at heart!)

Clouding over here now in advance of the warm front pushing in from the west that should make things far milder than they have been lately.

Sitting under rain on the radar but we’re not getting even that. 

nothing makes me want to polish the family silver than seeing sleet/snow preceded by rain on a forecast. 

🤬

20 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Sitting under rain on the radar but we’re not getting even that. 

Its queer isn't it? I have got rain coming down but the radar says I haven't. Perhaps we don't know where we are

Nice 20 minutes of big flakes, even settling on the patio and grass. Lovely to see new puppy chasing the flakes in the air and then trying to eat the snow off the ground 🙂

23 minutes ago, Dami said:

nothing makes me want to polish the family silver than seeing sleet/snow preceded by rain on a forecast. 

🤬

Yes indeed, plenty of chances for a good polish coming up for you I feel, given those stellar charts being discussed recently. Does look rather like we are in for a good time - the cold hunt is definitely on !

Edited by fluid dynamic

TBH. snow is lovely falling and when it first lays, but then it starts to melt, then freeze over and is horrible to walk in. Now have to walk further to school so maybe it's best it doesn't snow. It was bad enough with the ice this morning.

yep, don't want snow.

Its finny that Tom was posting about the 1927 blizzard yesterday, because the synoptics look quite similar to what we may receive, though obviously with the caveat that its a heck of a long way out yet.

Good read Tom by the way!

dull, grey day here in Epsom. But at least it feels like winter, at least until the weekend 😉

34 minutes ago, Dami said:

TBH. snow is lovely falling and when it first lays, but then it starts to melt, then freeze over and is horrible to walk in. Now have to walk further to school so maybe it's best it doesn't snow. It was bad enough with the ice this morning.

yep, don't want snow.

The ice was nasty yesterday on a pedestrian bridge over the railway line near where I live... A few folk could have come unstuck there. And blamed someone else, obviously

2 hours ago, kold weather said:

I'd take the cockles Kentspur, but not so keen on the jellied eels! Though my Dad being a proper born and bred E.Londoner is always game for some (I mean, technically I am since I was born in Newham, but realistically I'm an Essex lad at heart!)

Clouding over here now in advance of the warm front pushing in from the west that should make things far milder than they have been lately.

Funny enough I could have been born an Essex boy myself as my Dad moved here from Mauritius in the early 70s and landed at Southend Airport and spent the first few years north of the river before he met my Mum who's from East Kent.

As for seafood I never used to eat anything but Cod and chips but as I get fish thrown at me now im working here I'll try most dishes it's all about how you cook it! Tuna steak to me tastes like beef steak. Salmon for me I only eat ifits flavoursome-honey soya sauce garlic etc or sweet chilli

Sorry to go off topic everyone!

Bring on the snow ❄☃️

The trough was mostly rain here, did have a few flakes at first. Thankfully none of that freezing rain type stuff though.

Still some snow around on the hills here.

IMG_20190124_094140.jpg

IMG_20190124_124738.jpg

Edited by alexisj9

A miserable, dreich 1.3C here, just now...A few wet flakes spotted before lunch though.

According to the latest text update on the eastern region forecast on the Met office site, not that cold on Sunday at 6C with intermittent rain. Monday colder with a raw wind. Gone is the mention of wintry showers.

Not going to count chickens till day before it is meant happen fed up of disappointment.