Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

Just now, Dami said:

hahah when it was colder I just had rain and now people have snow. couldn't make it up. hahahahahha:wallbash:

I wouldn't worry, this is just a flutter, still looking into next week for any real risk of settling snow.

First snow of the winter here (at bluddy ruddy well last) - a light dusting and about 1c outside!!

DSCF3418.JPG

Edited by Froze were the Days

11 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Indeed, everything was thick white across the surfaces this morning and as you say the skies have now resumed their milky cloudy look. A bit of surprise snow around here would be fab and at least some others in the region have seen a few flakes this morning:)

Would be very nice 👍🏻 I’m still excited about the snowfall here on Tuesday afternoon/evening, it’s been many years since I’ve seen snowflakes that huge and it settled on all surfaces. Have seen a couple of very heavy snow showers in Prague since moving there, too. Lovely.

The line of showers crossing London is falling as rain in SE12

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Would be very nice 👍🏻 I’m still excited about the snowfall here on Tuesday afternoon/evening, it’s been many years since I’ve seen snowflakes that huge and it settled on all surfaces. Have seen a couple of very heavy snow showers in Prague since moving there, too. Lovely.

You live in Prague as well?

10 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Friday looks amazing???

Im sorry to sound negative about all this but allthough friday looks amazing for most people, once again thanet is not included in that chart, what will it take !!

Snowing here in Maidstone.  Very light looks like someone is sprinkling small feathers around 

Nice surprise just started snowing lightly here in Sheerness Isle of Sheppey north kent at see level wasn't expecting anything.😁

2 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

Im sorry to sound negative about all this but allthough friday looks amazing for most people, once again thanet is not included in that chart, what will it take !!

I hope it works out for you.. I'm across from you in Essex. Hoping we are included

2 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

You had snow yesterday on the coast.  My friend lives in Herne bay and they had snow.  There were loads of snow showers in your area where as here we had sun and partially cloudy skies.

Just now, Snow Queen one said:

You had snow yesterday on the coast.  My friend lives in Herne bay and they had snow.  There were loads of snow showers in your area where as here we had sun and partially cloudy skies.

it must have been very local because here on the borders of margate/ramsgate all we had was sleet and then rain

7 minutes ago, PLANET THANET said:

I wouldn't worry that much, the Friday chart is still a week away, lots more potentially interesting stuff between now and then.

Now getting heavier and starting to lay here on sheppey really didn't expect this where did this come from. 

Just now, Chris74 said:

Now getting heavier and starting to lay here on sheppey really didn't expect this where did this come from. 

the sky  😁

I'm in the small gap between the two bands of PPN, funny really.:olddoh:

Here near Croydon, missed the initial snow to the east, and now the precipitation has come it's sleet, would you believe it 😡

And it's stopped.  Settled on garden walls etc but melting now.

A few light snow flurries in new ash green this morning has given way to lighter drizzle...

I will be back in the regionals from late sat !

1 minute ago, Wyre said:

And it's stopped.  Settled on garden walls etc but melting now.

thats the one big problem with snow and that is hoping it doesnt melt very quickly

33 minutes ago, Jackski4 said:

Friday looks amazing???

Yes fingers crossed.;)

13 minutes ago, snowray said:

I'm in the small gap between the two bands of PPN, funny really.

Control run going for a snow event Tuesday too??

14 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Here near Croydon, missed the initial snow to the east, and now the precipitation has come it's sleet, would you believe it 😡

I suppose I should be glad I've had nothing, at least can't be disappointed with nothing.

Anyway a very good 06z for our area, always more marginal further south but there is still plenty of good stuff to look forward to on this run. Also think the snow would hold for longer in the south than the operational is suggesting in the set-ups it shows 

Edited by kold weather