Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 07/11/2018

I like the Met Office's updated long range. Suggesting easterlies with significant snow for the south - maybe some channels lows/battle grounds?

They, along with many on here, still going for this (seems like months now) so you never know...

image.thumb.png.66a0bc1a13a8961259454217061deb2e.png

Edited by CanadianCoops

In a far, remote corner of the school playing field, where there is some old tyres, there is a dusting of snow. Rejoice. Our first laying snow. 

Starting to snow a little bit now - Not heavy stuff and won't settle, temperatures are just above freezing and the ground is wet. 

we now have large fluffy snow falling on the coast at Lowestoft, settling on the frozen surfaces, as i type now getting heavier, looks like more to come in from the north sea

Radar has been showing sleet/snow over us since last night, but nothing is falling from the sky which means it's weak and evaporating. Radars are not accurate 😞

I do hope, come the 1st March, this isn't the winning photo of the snow depth cup!

lack of snow.jpg

I dont know if this is good.. Bad.. Or ugly or whatever.. You might of already read it or heard about it.. But G.R.A.F...the manual says it will make all the rest look silly... But only out to 144hrs tops.. At moment.. Maybe we get more  info from others for free.. I.B.M as well..  couple of photos from Toys hill.. 700 odd feet.. Not really that much considering DSC_0084.thumb.JPG.9eee47ab5c168be6921713f382a37cd9.JPGDSC_0083.thumb.JPG.3c2bf3fbce1e5eae5c5afbd80ea3f0ff.JPG 

Anyone in Margate? Whats falling? Radar looks like you’re getting buried 

0.5cm here this morning off a northwesterly wind 

Snowed for about 45 mins

7 minutes ago, snow raven said:

I do hope, come the 1st March, this isn't the winning photo of the snow depth cup!

lack of snow.jpg

Sssh Leanne, don't mention the "jinx"!! :oldgrin:

Kind Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Im in Eythorne, a good inch here and still hammering it down. I love an east kent clipper! 

Has been snowing & sleeting all morning here in Ramsgate/manston. Nothing settling..

Dusting last night.

Now just wet , temp hoovering around +0.5c   

Edited by craigore

9 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Anyone in Margate? Whats falling? Radar looks like you’re getting buried 

I'm working in Margate today and I can confirm it's the wrong side of marginal here. Mainly drizzle but some sleet mixed in. 

15 minutes ago, TN9 said:

I dont know if this is good.. Bad.. Or ugly or whatever.. You might of already read it or heard about it.. But G.R.A.F...the manual says it will make all the rest look silly... But only out to 144hrs tops.. At moment.. Maybe we get more  info from others for free.. I.B.M as well..  couple of photos from Toys hill.. 700 odd feet.. Not really that much considering DSC_0084.thumb.JPG.9eee47ab5c168be6921713f382a37cd9.JPGDSC_0083.thumb.JPG.3c2bf3fbce1e5eae5c5afbd80ea3f0ff.JPG 

I know that car park, I often park there to walk the dog. 

2 minutes ago, jodaw84 said:

I'm in Eythorne, good inch now and still hammering it down. Love an east kent clipper.

Hi jodaw84,

Well done, the good 'ole East Kent Streamer!! Eythorne located in the old Kent coalfield. No doubt, you weren't around in Feb1983 but your area was buried in snow!! Take a look at this chart:

image.thumb.png.c9b814715d76ba00e4a6c90ab8f672b7.png

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Hi jodaw84,

Well done, the good 'ole East Kent Streamer!! Eythorne located in the old Kent coalfield. No doubt, you weren't around in Feb1983 but your area was buried in snow!! Take a look at this chart:

image.thumb.png.c9b814715d76ba00e4a6c90ab8f672b7.png

Regards,

Tom. 

The year before i was born! Now if only we could get anything close to that again 🤪

What a dull day, not much really going on. To the west of my house it’s bright and sunny to the east it’s grey

Edited by DonnaThw

Sun is shining thrpught the sleet, very little snow in town, a little surviving up here, but been mostly sleet for a while. Top of st rads it's still snow though, snow line is one street above me lol.

A few pics of slight snow cover, and sun poking through sleet clouds.

IMG_20190123_095914.jpg

IMG_20190123_095848.jpg

IMG_20190123_093543.jpg

Edited by alexisj9

The heavy snow in Lowestoft earlier has now turned to drizzle with the odd flake mixed in, lets see what the rest of the day brings

VERY snowy GFS 06z run... Although FI is now around 72 hours or roughly 3 days give or take.. Even Saturday is ever changing.. 

Could be on the chase again soon for the next snow event... 

8 minutes ago, Surrey said:

VERY snowy GFS 06z run... Although FI is now around 72 hours or roughly 3 days give or take.. Even Saturday is ever changing.. 

Could be on the chase again soon for the next snow event... 

Fingers crossed we get lucky after the weekend and milder incursion on Friday , will try not to get sucked in like last week .

Edited by Bedfordblues73

Heavy snow here... bit late 😕

So is Sunday our next chance for some snow. I have serious snow craving after last nights unexpected snow fall. As somesone said earlier ninja snow is the best!