Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

I’ve got some leftover from tea proper grub is that still baffles me how they make it just like the meringue thingy ma job

7 minutes ago, IM NOT REALLY HERE said:

What does everybody think to our chances of snow towards the end of next week? 

My thoughts are that it will be summed up by a big fat 👎

Just now, iand61 said:

My thoughts are that it will be summed up by a big fat 👎

8 c snow event ..

I watched weather on North West about an hour ago... couldn't believe what she said?? She said the fog that had lingered most of the day had gone and it wouldn't be as cold either... wrong on both still quite foggy and mild it ain't, it's been cold for some time around here... and yes with a couple milder days, just surprised by her forecast really

Anyway let's next wk, delivers... we need a good cold snowy winter, to be 50% near 1947 would me 😉 

7 minutes ago, carl1980 said:

😮 Shocked

WTF

That's awful 😞

• Sad 3

To lighten the mood somewhat after that horrid news, does anyone remember Eno dressing as the weather warning?

205285087_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.596a9b392d39c391983a4ea608ffd457.png

• Thanks 1

Can’t believe the news about Dianne!!! 

• Sad 2

Don't like to speculate but short illness sounds like it could be something like pneumonia complications from flu or something. Either way, it's tragic.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Don't like to speculate but short illness sounds like it could be something like pneumonia complications from flu or something. Either way, it's tragic.

Shocked.

Just woke up to get kids ready for school and walked into the kitchen to hear about Dianne

• Sad 1

Bloody terrible news! I know we mock them in here but she will be sadly missed a lot. Thoughts with her family 😥

• Sad 2

RIP Diane - a beautiful woman so sad, that C word , again.

Yeah really sad...same age as me too, I managed to beat cancer 17 years ago...so very poignant for me...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

I think it said she was the Christie which is a cancer hospital.  

She was a big part of this forum, in that she got a lot of stick for mild ramping, but it was all good natured bantar.   She can have worked in weather and not known how much it wound up coldies, so I imagine there was a bit of mischievousness in that mild ramping and of course mild is probably what the majority want.

She will be sadly missed, thoughts to her family.

• Sad 4

Genuinely saddened and shocked. She'll be sadly missed, the next cold outbreak won't be the same. Deepest sympathy to her family and friends. 51 is far too young.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, wrightc23 said:

Genuinely saddened and shocked. She'll be sadly missed, the next cold outbreak won't be the same. Deepest sympathy to her family and friends. 51 is far too young.

It is too young, and with two young children.

Cancer has a LOT to answer for.

• Sad 1

Sad news about Dianne Oxberry... very sudden & unexpected.  Other than the weather she presented other features like inside out & supported charitable causes. My thoughts go out to her family

• Sad 1

Sad news day indeed, lets hope it doesn't lead to Eno being back on the box. RIP Dianne.

1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

It is too young, and with two young children.

Cancer has a LOT to answer for.

It's truly awful .

I'd say the establishment has a lot to answer for. The food we eat, the spraying of deodorant that you breathe in, the air quality, pollution, drinks, this crap is everywhere, its very sad.

RIP Dianne. 

• Like 1

Absolutely shocked and saddened at the news about Diane’s death. What a huge loss. My thoughts and prayers are with her family right now. A stark reminder that we should make the most of what we have, my friends. 😔

• Like 1