Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Recommended Posts

Light dusting and the shower didn't even last the long,maybe another one following

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Get in Newcastle!!! 

Great news for the Reds. Need to get the home win tomorrow now 🙏🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shower activity off Ireland is glorious, all hopes it moves over here, when is the first trough line expected? And is that activity the result of said trough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The radar is pepping up now, it's like a game of Asteroidz. There's quite a large shower heading towards Crosby/Liverpool that could give a covering in about 30 mins, and others besides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That streamer to the North west of Lancaster looks ( if it can keep its legs) to be heading for heywood, Middleton and Oldham areas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pip22 said:

I think that streamer to the west of Blackpool is got my and spah's name on it.

Might just be a bit too far south

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Winter Hill said:

That streamer to the North west of Lancaster looks ( if it can keep its legs) to be heading for heywood, Middleton and Oldham areas 

Eh? 

Its going into Yorkshire 53076477-74D6-4A48-B873-D4EF17D1C458.thumb.png.8d03c9ca962e61da1bda902d025e883d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Shower activity off Ireland is glorious, all hopes it moves over here, when is the first trough line expected? And is that activity the result of said trough

I think they'll beef up after 3am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

That streamer to the North west of Lancaster looks ( if it can keep its legs) to be heading for heywood, Middleton and Oldham areas 

Moving east

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The radar is pepping up now, it's like a game of Asteroidz. There's quite a large shower heading towards Crosby/Liverpool that could give a covering in about 30 mins, and others besides.

 Thanks for the updates for my location, really useful. Temp dropping despite nothing happening, 1.7°C. Humidity still 73%. Got a good feeling about the early hours especially with the flow slackening further. 

Edited by Chris.R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very icy out there tonight - everything coated in it. Hoping for a dusting at least - we were very short changed today I feel.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Eh? 

Its going into Yorkshire 53076477-74D6-4A48-B873-D4EF17D1C458.thumb.png.8d03c9ca962e61da1bda902d025e883d.png

Looks more to the south on Net weather radar 

04F1D2DB-A272-40B8-8033-2CE695205ED4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

Yes you are correct 

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Next shower should be with me in 5 minutes. Temperature risen a bit as cloud coming over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The radar is pepping up now, it's like a game of Asteroidz. There's quite a large shower heading towards Crosby/Liverpool that could give a covering in about 30 mins, and others besides.

image.thumb.png.4f16dba65c48bba6365e9813aea189dc.pngYep plenty of activity and did anyone forecast that UFO ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

 Thanks for the updates fror my location, really useful. Temp dropping despite nothing happening, 1.7°C. Humidity still 73%. Got a good feeling about the early hours especially with the flow slackening further. 

Still waiting to see if this shower will hit, it's looking very close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow just noticed something now I’ve gone outside. The water from the earlier showers has frozen despite it being 2°C. Shows how useful such low DPs. A great sign for the coming showers now we have a layer of ice on the ground. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chris.R said:

Wow just noticed something now I’ve gone outside. The water from the earlier showers has frozen despite it being 2°C. Shows how useful such low DPs. A great sign for the coming showers now we have a layer of ice on the ground. 

Frozen here in Maghull too Chris 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Still waiting to see if this shower will hit, it's looking very close.

It definitely will as it's travelling on a ESE trajectory .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Nothing here yet but it feels so good outside. That dry freezing air like you get during a slider with a south-easterly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

 Nothing here yet but it feels so good outside. That dry freezing air like you get during a slider with a south-easterly. 

Shower lasted 5 minutes, everywhere nice and wet lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heavy graupel shower as we speak. First white stuff of the day 😊❄️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...