Sign in to follow this  
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Light dusting and the shower didn't even last the long,maybe another one following

22 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Get in Newcastle!!! 

Great news for the Reds. Need to get the home win tomorrow now 🙏🏻

Shower activity off Ireland is glorious, all hopes it moves over here, when is the first trough line expected? And is that activity the result of said trough

The radar is pepping up now, it's like a game of Asteroidz. There's quite a large shower heading towards Crosby/Liverpool that could give a covering in about 30 mins, and others besides.

That streamer to the North west of Lancaster looks ( if it can keep its legs) to be heading for heywood, Middleton and Oldham areas 

10 minutes ago, pip22 said:

I think that streamer to the west of Blackpool is got my and spah's name on it.

Might just be a bit too far south

1 minute ago, Winter Hill said:

That streamer to the North west of Lancaster looks ( if it can keep its legs) to be heading for heywood, Middleton and Oldham areas 

Eh? 

Its going into Yorkshire 53076477-74D6-4A48-B873-D4EF17D1C458.thumb.png.8d03c9ca962e61da1bda902d025e883d.png

7 minutes ago, Dkeane3 said:

Shower activity off Ireland is glorious, all hopes it moves over here, when is the first trough line expected? And is that activity the result of said trough

I think they'll beef up after 3am.

3 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

Moving east

5 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The radar is pepping up now, it's like a game of Asteroidz. There's quite a large shower heading towards Crosby/Liverpool that could give a covering in about 30 mins, and others besides.

Thanks for the updates for my location, really useful. Temp dropping despite nothing happening, 1.7°C. Humidity still 73%. Got a good feeling about the early hours especially with the flow slackening further. 

Edited by Chris.R

Very icy out there tonight - everything coated in it. Hoping for a dusting at least - we were very short changed today I feel.

2 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

Eh? 

Its going into Yorkshire 53076477-74D6-4A48-B873-D4EF17D1C458.thumb.png.8d03c9ca962e61da1bda902d025e883d.png

Looks more to the south on Net weather radar 

04F1D2DB-A272-40B8-8033-2CE695205ED4.png

8 minutes ago, Winter Hill said:

Yes you are correct 

👍

Next shower should be with me in 5 minutes. Temperature risen a bit as cloud coming over. 

20 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

image.thumb.png.4f16dba65c48bba6365e9813aea189dc.pngYep plenty of activity and did anyone forecast that UFO ?

21 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Thanks for the updates fror my location, really useful. Temp dropping despite nothing happening, 1.7°C. Humidity still 73%. Got a good feeling about the early hours especially with the flow slackening further. 

Still waiting to see if this shower will hit, it's looking very close.

Wow just noticed something now I’ve gone outside. The water from the earlier showers has frozen despite it being 2°C. Shows how useful such low DPs. A great sign for the coming showers now we have a layer of ice on the ground. 

Just now, Chris.R said:

Wow just noticed something now I’ve gone outside. The water from the earlier showers has frozen despite it being 2°C. Shows how useful such low DPs. A great sign for the coming showers now we have a layer of ice on the ground. 

Frozen here in Maghull too Chris 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Still waiting to see if this shower will hit, it's looking very close.

It definitely will as it's travelling on a ESE trajectory .. 

Nothing here yet but it feels so good outside. That dry freezing air like you get during a slider with a south-easterly. 

1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

Nothing here yet but it feels so good outside. That dry freezing air like you get during a slider with a south-easterly. 

Shower lasted 5 minutes, everywhere nice and wet lol.

Heavy graupel shower as we speak. First white stuff of the day 😊❄️