Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Recommended Posts

Well mines been upgraded but will take with a pinch of salt. 

 

5FE41EC8-F900-4BFD-AC7C-4BA88C097608.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tomorrow is massively marginal if you’re below 100m.

Overnight tomorrow however dew points and temps fall and snow should become more widespread. 

Edited by Joe Bloggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The showers just now about to hit the cold air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it’s certainly cold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember the Zebrugge day, i woke up to 6 inches in Birmingham, ended up 8 inches and lasted a good few days. 6th March 1987 - 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pip22 said:

The showers just now about to hit the cold air.

1382964021_Screenshot_20190128-202238_NWSnowRadar.thumb.jpg.c3dbbe63504fcc3a229840524a72e979.jpgit's changing colour too. Let's hope it's turns pink and stalls over me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is pre-empting but if this doesn't deliver, what a pathetic excuse for a winter it will have been - just wondering where we go from there, if we cannot get blocking with an SSW, active MJO, Medoki EL-nino thus high AAM, near solar min.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must build the mountain by the coast!! The Welsh should pay for that mountain!!

image.thumb.png.459727b2e9bf1e169be966858b8a13dc.png

:oldrofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I know this is pre-empting but if this doesn't deliver, what a pathetic excuse for a winter it will have been - just wondering where we go from there, if we cannot get blocking with an SSW, active MJO, Medoki EL-nino thus high AAM, near solar min.

It has been utterly pathetic. One of the worst winters I can remember, and there have been a few bad ones! 

The thing is once you've experienced winter weather like 2010, the bad becomes REALLY bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few showers getting going out west now and the one currently to the north of Preston hopefully has my name on it.

its cold enough for snow so just need them to be beefy enough to cross the region before dying out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just sleet on the met office forecast but i will take that with a pinch of salt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

just wondering where we go from there

Sell up and move to a more exciting weather region

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CreweCold said:

It has been utterly pathetic. One of the worst winters I can remember, and there have been a few bad ones! 

The thing is once you've experienced winter weather like 2010, the bad becomes REALLY bad.

You have hit the nail on the head - once you experience dumpings like Jan 87 and Feb 91 (They are once in a generation events) and i was privilaged to witness 2 of them within 4 years, everything since just pales into insignificance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

snow280119.JPG.541889e828944962404c9b40de66f6d9.JPG

🤔

Edited by dodgeredee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SnowThunder said:

Sell up and move to a more exciting weather region

Yes. i have thought about North Yorkshire (nothing to sell though) but even that would not have done the trick this winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It has been utterly pathetic. One of the worst winters I can remember, and there have been a few bad ones! 

The thing is once you've experienced winter weather like 2010, the bad becomes REALLY bad.

Unfortunately i’m old enough to remember 1979 and around these parts it made 2010 look pretty snowfree😄

but I know what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

snow280119.JPG.541889e828944962404c9b40de66f6d9.JPG

🤔

For me its showing constant heavy snow from 10pm to 3 am. Then most of the day tomorrow. Can't see it snowing for 5hours later this eve

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, iand61 said:

Unfortunately i’m old enough to remember 1979 and around these parts it made 2010 look pretty snowfree😄

but I know what you mean.

79 was special. 

Must have been over a foot of snow here. Seemed to last for ages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, swainclubber said:

For me its showing constant heavy snow from 10pm to 3 am. Then most of the day tomorrow. Can't see it snowing for 5hours later this eve

No....although saying that there is a little cluster of showers now coming off the Irish sea...could give a sprinkling over the next hour or so up our end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colder than a tax man's smile out there and it throws a shower... Of rain. Fish Finger Sandwiches... 

Edited by JeffC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It has been utterly pathetic. One of the worst winters I can remember, and there have been a few bad ones! 

The thing is once you've experienced winter weather like 2010, the bad becomes REALLY bad.

Some have been even worse, 13/14? And 16/17? Or have I got those mixed up with others

Edited by ChezWeather

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Euro 4 looks amazing for showers through Lancashire tomorrow evening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glossop online just updated...snow developing now... the blob on the radar 

E31B6D26-6543-4ED3-B9CD-9AA4BD0825C6.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChezWeather said:

Some have been even worse, 13/14? And 16/17? Or have I got those mixed up with others

I don't think they were worse tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

No....although saying that there is a little cluster of showers now coming off the Irish sea...could give a sprinkling over the next hour or so up our end.

Yeah I noticed. Would need some serious back building to last 5 hours haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...