Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

I like that one better at around 8pm if it gets to Manchester..

AA2EA3AF-98C0-4519-ADF1-721101303BF3.png

Fits in with this... just appeared on forecast on phone wasn’t there earlier... goulash is served 😋 

5762500C-48B7-4E8A-81B0-C5239D5041EB.png

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gearbox100 said:

Nothing in St Helens as I thought but the ice is taking hold now.

Got a dusting on the grass and cars around here

• Sad 1

My sister has snow in Aston Clinton, Bucks. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Snow didnt deliver coastal location 😐

20190122_144458.jpg

Sounds awful are you ok

• Haha 1

I'm happy enough that there's a near full coating on my front lawn of about 1cm. 

Up until yesterday I was literally expecting nothing.. except maybe some back edge snow in the early morning which would thaw entirely by lunch. 

Instead a few beefy showers have brought a nice thin snow cover which given the temps will last into tomorrow morning. For a time I did think we'd be getting a bit more (say 2-3cm) but just didn't quite materialise.. no cover away from the grass as it's too wet but oh well!

If that's all we're getting though this Winter please someone tell me NOW 😂😂

the showers take that long to come across, some one wake the Irish sea please.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Stuff this im going snow chasing

Well that was a waste of time and petrol, went were the ppn had been falling and everywhere was just wet, didnt even see any hail deposits.

snowing again prob for about 10 mins lets see if any of it sticks

image.thumb.png.7850470a7b087da24b630adbc8bfda87.png

A small shower but will it be effective for me?!

Edit: Looks like it may just brush past me to the South..

Edited by StretfordEnd1996

Snowing in Salford now, big wet stuff though, don't think it's cold enough yet for the decent stuff.

only sticking on grass and cars shame as it will probably melt by time the next lot comes in. would of been nicr to get a cm or 2 lol

Snow settling the SE on a NW flow, yet nothing here... not sure why we saw so few long lasting heavy showers today - very annoying, possibly not quite the right wind direction for here, need more of a westerly flow, otherwise the showers tend to have less oomph thanks to crossing SW Scotland, but still its been a preety poor affair for the Lake District as a whole. I had thought we would have a cm cover this evening. 

All eyes on temperatures then, if we maintain clear skies through the night, we could go preety low.

Hoping next week offers the promise of some decent settling snow - we really need some frontal/trough action - showery NW airstreams don't cut the mustard for these parts unless there is a trough in the circulation or they are coming around a low pressure system, but southern parts of the region tend to do very well. An excellent example of a showery flow off the Irish Sea that brought copious snowfall here was the 20 Dec 2009, we had low pressure to the north, and the flow was WSW around the low, with embedded cold air and thicknesses - the result was thundersnow, and 8 inches.

• Like 1

Next snow shower has arrived and sticking to all surfaces after the earlier thaw.

So about 3cm of snow here which ties in well with the met office warning 👏

light snow now falling but the mist is the main story temp is holding at 0

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more showers coming inland through this evening .. one currently just on the coast West of Lancaster heading SE, looks beefy but most likely will become lighter through it's lifespan - 

Not expecting much in the way of showers beyond midnight

No snow but the windscreen on my car is frozen over. They’ve had quite a good bit over the other side of Wirral apparently. Whatever happened to SP ? He was a great Wirral contributor.

Snow still on roof and top of car but I can here drip drip so temperature not that low

Nothing on the ground

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HRT said:

No snow but the windscreen on my car is frozen over. They’ve had quite a good bit over the other side of Wirral apparently. Whatever happened to SP ? He was a great Wirral contributor.

Was on earlier today I'm certain!

• Like 1