Jump to content
Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yup, thats the headline, then below it goes into more detail, doesn't sound like what euro 4 is showing to me, the high res model has laying snow to the coast..

As i said, i suspect the model is overdoing the snow signal..

Well I have just watched the METO Forecast presented by Alex Decen and it shows what the euro 4 is showing at total odds to what the BBC was showing earlier

the METO Forecast shows the whole region under heavy snow showers.I cannot get a link to work to post in here but I am sure you can get it on line(well worth a watch)

C.S

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cheshire snow said:

Well I have just watched the METO Forecast presented by Alex Decen and it shows what the euro 4 is showing at total odds to what the BBC was showing earlier

the METO Forecast shows the whole region under heavy snow showers.I cannot get a link to work to post in here but I am sure you can get it on line(well worth a watch)

C.S

Its very strange CS..

Euro 4 will be interesting shortly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I have no idea , i can only assume its the sea , again..

No mention of snow to low levels in this region.. 😞

It doesn't mention snow anywhere in the "detailed" forecast. The only mention of snow is in that headline and further down in the outlook for Thursday/Friday.

You seem to me making assumptions.

Edited by Weather-history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Weather-history said:

It doesn't mention snow anywhere. The only mention of snow is in that headline and further down in the outlook for Thursday/Friday.

You seem to me making assumptions.

Why am i making assumptions?

Euro4 has laying snow to the west coast, meto text mentions snow on the hills?

Thats just stating facts?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Persistent rain and hill snow will move eastwards this evening, with strong winds. It will be followed by wintry showers, and widespread ice is likely. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Tuesday:

Blustery, wintry showers will continue through the day, perhaps with hail and thunder at times. There will be some bright spells, but it will feel cold. Maximum temperature 5 °C

does that square with euro 4 kevin?

Edited by northwestsnow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

It doesn't mention snow anywhere in the "detailed" forecast. The only mention of snow is in that headline and further down in the outlook for Thursday/Friday.

You seem to me making assumptions.

The met office forecast posted on previous page has snow above 200m. Which is for "Monday evening and Overnight".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Persistent rain and hill snow will move eastwards this evening, with strong winds. It will be followed by wintry showers, and widespread ice is likely. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Tuesday:

Blustery, wintry showers will continue through the day, perhaps with hail and thunder at times. There will be some bright spells, but it will feel cold. Maximum temperature 5 °C

does that square with euro 4 kevin?

Lol, forget euro 4,

It doesn't square with their headline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The graphic doesn't at all match what he's saying. 

 

The graphic shows widespread snow after the initial front comes through as a wintry mix.

 

He's saying even those showers are a wintry mix behind the front. 

 

This is deffo going to be a nowcast.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Lol, forget euro 4,

It doesn't square with their headline.

Exactly Kevin, its euro 4 that kind of reeled me in- it might be correct yet, or it might change in the new update..

We'll find out soon enough, tomorrow not far away 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth notice that met office graphics show a very organised, slow moving trough storming through the whole region tomorrow. Bringing snow to all. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

Worth notice that met office graphics show a very organised, slow moving trough storming through the whole region tomorrow. Bringing snow to all. 

That is show in their cideo forcast also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

 

Above 300m? Blimey even Buxton is close to missing out. 

Edited by Frost HoIIow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Above 300m? Blimey even Buxton is close to missing out. 

Just for the main front that

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly hoping to witness a 'spell of falling snow' in the wintry showers forecaster for tomorrow.  Wether it settles and causes any noticeable disruption remains to be seen.  Could be a rinse and repeat for this time next week also with more wintry potential.  'The Beast from the East' gone.... for now...but the week ahead not completely without interest for us in the North West. 

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, frosty ground said:

Just for the main front that

Yes, the interest lies after the front has passed .. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

300m refers to front, not the showers behind?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dexter said:

300m refers to front, not the showers behind?

Yep, front should lower temperatures enough for low levels to get in on the game with showers. We'll see.

Edited by Deep Snow please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Certainly hoping to witness a 'spell of falling snow' in the wintry showers forecaster for tomorrow.  Wether it settles and causes any noticeable disruption remains to be seen.  Could be a rinse and repeat for this time next week also with more wintry potential.  'The Beast from the East' gone.... for now...but the week ahead not completely without interest for us in the North West. 

I prefer PM flows to be honest. May not provide the deep cold, but can deliver decent events in the NW if the conditions are good enough. Good chance of lightning usually as well in these setups.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few charts here from the GFS with the fax:

10am

21-574UK.thumb.GIF.0da396afcd2df6995c0774552adb3cc5.GIF21-580UK.thumb.GIF.4be537077af6399a6de89040b6689f80.GIF21-101UK.thumb.GIF.1992d0259e6c3fee7fd6a8cb05af3b1e.GIF

1pm

24-574UK.thumb.GIF.1bd86aa2eadaa304e88c551c0b134369.GIF24-580UK.thumb.GIF.309ec05ff5706e2e678f8bdfcf2b2cc1.GIF24-101UK.thumb.GIF.b7cd0c0787e94ac1e6aeafd7ff73b18a.GIF

4pm

27-574UK.thumb.GIF.68758a69f8ae390a91ae69b023498366.GIF27-580UK.thumb.GIF.7a65f35cf6ce47dc88eef7e16936b231.GIF27-101UK.thumb.GIF.bca6b898ae9b42903dad6f1e4bc63b81.GIF

FAX

20190121_1607.PPVE89.thumb.png.cea783ccfb686bfdc2c6658e1e8c1862.png

A nice trough moving through to increase shower activity.

I think some people could do quite well tomorrow going by the above charts, even the coast once showers get going if they last for any length of time then any hail/sleet could well turn to snow leaving at least temporary accumulations.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spah1 said:

Preston is the worst. 

I'm in Chorley which is bad enough but just up the A6 and i'm at 80m asl which often makes the difference. 

No! No! No! - its Salwick I tell yer.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×