Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

50 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

The cloudfest continues - grey, dreary and chilly with a very few spells of brightness.  Need room lights on.

Yes grey and cloudy had to put the heating on for a while to take the chill off

• Like 2

Not too bad a day with plenty of sun but there is that definite feeling of autumn in the air.  I suspect summer has now really finished as the anticipated late heatwave has disappeared from forecasts.  All downhill now into SAD territory.

• Like 1

Just had a belter of hail storm on I 15 near st George, down to 10 mph at times ,450 miles down 200 to go ,knackered ,lol

• Like 1

One of those days were it's rained for most of the day leaving you thinking the whole country must be getting soaked or at least most of the NW region but after checking radar from 9am it's just been a small conveyor belt of north westerly streamers that have soaked those unfortunate localised areas in their paths....seems to be brightening up a little now though.

Just had to turn on my central heating as the temp. in my home is now just 16C.  Not very good for this early in the season.  Before anyone comes out with some smart-alec comment, I'm in my late 60s and have a heart problem and need to have at least 18C.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Just had to turn on my central heating as the temp. in my home is now just 16C.  Not very good for this early in the season.  Before anyone comes out with some smart-alec comment, I'm in my late 60s and have a heart problem and need to have at least 18C.

I’ve put mine on I’m freezing

• Like 1

It is another cold and wet day outside. I wouldn't surprise the temperatures struggling past 15C mark here.

• Like 1

The first proper wet day I can remember in ages. Think I might light the fire later.

• Like 1

Filthy day...I hate this 'being slap bang on the boundary' between two air masses... it generally means at best lots of cloud or at worst -like today- bucket loads of rain.  Looks like we'll have to put up with it for awhile as another trailing weather front plagues our region for the next few days.  Hopefully not as wet as today.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Filthy day...I hate this 'being slap bang on the boundary' between two air masses... it generally means at best lots of cloud or at worst -like today- bucket loads of rain.  Looks like we'll have to put up with it for awhile as another trailing weather front plagues our region for the next few days.  Hopefully not as wet as today.

tue and wed look washout here, front further south than today, north of front cold and dry

5 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

We just had heavy drizzle from about 09:00 -14:00, then it cleared out a bit dried up enough for a walk...

52 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

88 f and sunny today 😂

Whilst Sat in the bath with the sun shining through the window

• Like 2

Fine for the minute was raining earlier but stopped now quite breezy though and grey

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Whilst Sat in the bath with the sun shining through the window

Lol ,im5,000 miles away in summer 😂

• Like 2

I wonder if we have used up our quota of good weather for the year in May, June & July?

There doesn’t seem to be our typical UK autumnal heatwave on the cards that we get each year. I know an Indian summer is categorised as October, but September usually delivers at least one nice sunny spell. I think those with SAD will really start to suffer if the weather continues. 

We we just cancelled our holiday to Majorca, as the outlook there was absolutely dreadful (7th-11th). I’ve been checking the satellite and radars just to ensure that I wasn’t wrong, and I wasn’t. They’ve been plagued with rain, violent thunderstorms and drab, cloudy days. 

Come on UK, one last grasp at the warmth please before it’s too late. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Back home tomorrow  morning 😭

Off to uni tomorrow to take my daughter 😭 three years shes going for😭

Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 1