Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
itsnowjoke

North West Regional thread 01/09/18 Onwards......

13 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Seems to be slow to start which is perhaps why no amber warning for Cumbria. I am sure it will be wet eventually but not the mega totals which looked a possibility last night ??

Yep a slow start but im sure looking at the radar its already raining over the Eden valley 

Hardly any rain here yet. Must be in a rain-shadow. Didn’t get any from Desmond either. 

Sun is coming out now lol. 

Rotten day, windy and pretty much constant rain since first light but never overly heavy and it’s certainly not cold.

out on an ale trail tomorrow so hopefully the crap will move through and the afternoon will be decent enough for walking between pubs.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Rotten day, windy and pretty much constant rain since first light but never overly heavy and it’s certainly not cold.

out on an ale trail tomorrow so hopefully the crap will move through and the afternoon will be decent enough for walking between pubs.

Love this Ale Trail my kind of walking..... rubbish here windy raining 

• Like 1

Stormy with heavy showers during the morning.  Brief glimpse of sun late afternoon but now dry and windy.  Not too cold at 17.5C (max 18.5C), min last night 8.6C.

57 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Love this Ale Trail my kind of walking..... rubbish here windy raining 

Transport between pubs so hopefully it’s just coach door to pub door I have to worry about.

• Like 1

Rain was slow to arrive here, not until early afternoon, but its been preety heavy rain since, and many more hours of it ahead, lasting into tomorrow evening at least. 

Aren't you supposed to use the trains - which inevitably will be rubbished up in this weather - for that? I.e getting soaked at the stations.

It's lovely weather outside, a nice breeze and a bit of fresh water. Makes a change from the constant sweltering heat of the summer that we've all been subjected too. My only criticism is it's not quite cold enough to be snow.

Escaping the worst of the rain which is heaviest to the west, although still a grotty day with gusty winds and intermittent rain.

Tomorrow's now looking more wet for my area.

Edited by dodgeredee

On 11 October 2018 at 18:10, Chris.R said:

Wow amazing double rainbow just now at the back edge of the cold front. Sun just about to set. 

Saw the rainbows, also saw the best Kelvin-Helmholtz wave clouds for some time. They were to the west probably above Warrington/Runcorn area

shSiBr7.jpg

O6rcyxM.jpg

• Like 2

Its been heavy, pesistent rain non-stop here.

It is brightening up now.

Sun breaking through but wow is it mild/warm current Temperature 21c with the wind gusting at 46mph

C.S

Mostly dry here for a few hours now. Just as windy as yesterday.